cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Problem broadband

@ArtMary,  do you have a screenshot or a note of which ADSL standard your modem was using on 21CN ?

I'm looking for something like -

"G.992.1",  "G.992.3",  "G.992.5",  "G.dmt",  "ADSL2",  "ADSL2+"

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@ArtMary wrote:

No doubt at some point all 20CN kit *will* be retired as you say, but I'd imagine that in exchanges that cater for connections that BT do know suffer on 21CN, they will be the last to go.  Our local exchange is about 600 users IIRC.

I think what happens is that once the 21CN equipment is installed, then they retire the 20CN equipment - I think the main reason for doing the remaining 21CN upgrades is that the 20CN equipment has got so old that it has become more difficult to maintain.

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com may give the retirement date (20CN is IPstream in the text below the table).

ArtMary
Dabbler

@Anonymous

G992.1 Annex A

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  Unfortunately that ends my theory !

Previously on this forum we have seen customer's having your problem, who were moved from 20CN to 21CN and their modems were automatically connecting using "ADSL2"(G.992.3) or "ADSL2+"(G.992.5) and getting really low speeds.  But when they were provisioned as "G.dmt"(G.992.1) but kept on 21CN, then their problems either disappeared, or were no worse than when they were on 20CN "G.dmt"(G.992.1).

As you are saying that your modem was using "G.dmt"(G.992.1) on 21CN, then that eliminates that possibility.

Sad

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

ArtMary
Dabbler

@Gandalf

Any news on expediting this order?  I'm still without broadband.

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Due to system issues with our supplier systems, they were unable to expedite the order.

Looks like we're going to have to wait until Monday I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Mary. How's your connection since the regrade to 20CN?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet