cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: The following addresses were found in both the approved and blocked...

Adam1V
Grafter

Problem: The following addresses were found in both the approved and blocked...

as the post says.
I was just wondering if this was a common fault as its still early stages?
Ive tried leaving the approved list empty and enter ONLY in the blocked addresses, but it keeps giving the following error;

The following addresses were found in both the approved and blocked senders lists:
+
15 REPLIES 15
Adam1V
Grafter

Re: Problem: The following addresses were found in both the approved and blocked...

oh, grats on the new features plusnet, very VERY impressive from our business point of view  Cool
editpoint
Grafter

Re: Problem: The following addresses were found in both the approved and blocked...

"There was a problem. You cannot have entries in both approved and blocked senders lists."

I am getting the same message but I am trying to add a good address to the approved addresses list. I have nothing in the blocked addresses box
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Problem 50965 in the thread here guys.
We're in the process of fixing it now but you can get around it by entering a line space in the approved or blocked sender field I think.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

waldron
Grafter

Quote from: Bob

We're in the process of fixing it now but you can get around it by entering a line space in the approved or blocked sender field I think.

Also works OK if you don't use Enter (Newline) at the end of the final line.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Should be fixed now.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Adam1V
Grafter

There was a problem
Unfortunately there has been an error updating your details.
Please try again in a few minutes, if the problem continues please contact our support team so we may investigate.

Tried a fair few times Sad
Adam1V
Grafter

I think i've found the problem, there appears to be a limit of 256 emails allowed in the blocked addresses section.
Can this be increased at all?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

there appears to be a limit of 256 emails allowed in the blocked addresses section

There is actually a character limit of 1024 rather than a number of addresses, AFAIK there isn't a way to increase this.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is that a limit by Postini?  The interface could be changed to allow more addresses if not!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Is that a limit by Postini?

Yes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Adam1V
Grafter

dammit janet.
I have a collection of 300/400 addresses from all employees which id like to block at the F9/Postini end, it would just save our bandwidth if I could block all these.
I guess I will have to leave it there and just add the serious contenders to the F9 list.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Any you could combine to block by domain rather than full email addresses?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Adam1V
Grafter

Yes, i've already had the misfortune of deleting everything before the @ on my list Sad
gofaster
Rising Star

Is it possible to blacklist an entire domain and then whitelist a few specific names from that domain?