Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro allowance

leeanthony
Grafter

Pro allowance

well im a little disappointed in myself, and shocked tbh
some how ive already used up 9gig out of my 20gig this month, after only 3 days.
i doubt Im gona be able to keep under 11gig for a further 27 days so obviously goin to have to pay more again this month
is there anyway i could get some sort of daily limit on my account, between the hours of 8am-11:59pm so that I either cant download any more than 500meg daily, or perhaps limit my download speeds during those times? or anything automatic? Im stil tryin to work out wtf ive used 9gig on ....
9 REPLIES 9
leeanthony
Grafter

Re: Pro allowance

5gig from just gaming in 3 days,[Censored] plusnet?
dick:red Avoidance of swear filter as per Forum Rules.
leeanthony
Grafter

has to be a mistake with this
goberpiles
Grafter

What do you play online?  All my usage is on surfing the web and I play WOW every night.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Install Bandwidth Monitor and you will see your bandwidth usage both up and down http://www.bwmonitor.com/
leeanthony
Grafter

Well past 3 days I have only played... Battlefield 2, Team Fortress 2 and about an hour of World of Warcraft. Also been on Bad Company 2 beta on the PS3 but only a few hours over 3 days.
So It doesnt make sense. My "GAMING" usage has never been that high. Web is always higher than my gaming. So something must be mistaken. I couldnt have used 9gig in 3 days. Ive only downloaded after midnight. I want this looked into tbh because Im not being ripped off.
Thx
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Usage includes upload too, uploaded anything large?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
leeanthony
Grafter

no never
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Heres another bandwidth monitor, I've been using it for a few weeks and it seem reliable against PN's figures
http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Pro allowance

Looking at your account it seems the vast majority of your paid-for usage occurred on Saturday. Did you download any game demos or patches?
I can give you a per hour breakdown of that day if you'd like? You can then see if anything you were doing online during those times may have caused the high usage.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.