cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Usage

Benny

Pro Usage

Hihi!
I've no idea where this should go and it's probably been given a rant or two before (searched quick but didn't find anything).
Anyway, been on Plusnet a month now and there's one thing that I've found to be rather annoying. I'm on the full gamers package (Pro) and I can't help but feel the 15GB peak limit is very harsh. Considering it's supposedly designed around gamers, clearly Plusnet aren't aware of the sheer size game demos, HD videos (a true gamer has to keep up to date!) and patches are these days! I try to download off peak but my machines (PS3/360/PC) are all in my bedroom and so I don't want to leave them on otherwise I won't get any sleep (well, the PS3 is pretty quiet but I wouldn't want to leave it on all night)!
I'm not complaining as such (well, I guess I am), I just feel that it's marketed as something it isn't quite up to.
A side note - Since moving to PN from Orange(!) I actually haven't noticed any improvement in either my ping, connection speed or consistency. I occasionally get disconnected still (though I think that's more to do with my router...) and my ping is pretty much exactly the same (according to CSS console "ping" command on the same servers). Only thing Orange was worse with, was the communication, which with PN is excellent!
Chars!  =D
1 REPLY 1
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Pro Usage

It might be worth seeing if you can get interleaving removed from your line if it's been applied.
Post your router stats, and a tracert to portal.plus.net which might give us an indication as to whether you have Interleaving already.
The BBYW Pro package is designed for line-speed downloads at all time, and as such you pay a premium.  It means that your HD downloads come down fast at all times of the day or night.  Other packages will be rate limited so your downloads will take (much) longer.
B.