cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro + Premium

leeanthony
Grafter

Pro + Premium

Im interested in changing to the Premium product, instead of Pro.
Pro is good, but to be fair the whole reason of me choosing Pro in the first place was because of the fancy website that doesnt even seem to exist anymore, which was hyping it up. Broadband your way for gamers.. blablabla. Why doesnt that site even exist anymore anyway? Interesting.
My pings in games used to be alot lower than they are now so I dont know what Plusnet ever changed.
So with my pings ingame just being normal, the same as my local friends using standard BT broadband and other similar.. I just dont see the point of being on Pro anymore. Especially when during the day time its beginning to be quite boring, unable to watch streaming videos as I please and other stuff, due to only having 20gb usage. So meh.
Im thinking I may aswel just go onto the Premium package, with 80gb usage. But I hear things that speeds are slower in the afternoons and stuff... Does that mean my pings in game will be high? Or is online gaming just the same experience on Pro and Premium?
Id like to know the actual difference in them both, I am a keen online gamer thats the main thing I use my internet for, so the quality has to be good. Will premium be alright for me or not?
Could someone please write down the differences, and any bad things about them both and stuff..... and yeah duno what else to ask for but tell me everything lol Smiley
12 REPLIES 12
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Pro + Premium

I always thought the marketing of Pro as a special product for gamers was a tad silly anyway – it doesn't magically improve one's general latency; its only real advantage to gamers is that if they're playing a game that's not recognised by PN's traffic management system then the gaming traffic won't be artificially slowed down (‘deprioritised’). So as long as you're playing games that PN do recognise, you should notice no difference with your gaming between Pro and Premium.
The differences you might notice, though, would be in things like downloading files from content distribution networks, Usenet, P2P and so forth. With Pro, all traffic is given priority irrespective of type, whereas with Premium certain activities are slowed down during peak times to stop them hogging too much bandwidth. This page will tell you what kind of speeds you can expect on Premium. Also worth bearing in mind is that PN are currently experiencing a number of issues that're causing speed problems for some people; such problems are probably more noticeable on Premium compared to Pro owing to the lesser priority Premium is given.
leeanthony
Grafter

yea im aware of the current problems i dont mind about that, so basically your sayin theres no difference for gaming in general cases, whether i use pro or premium right? i dont really care about downloading files anyway so not fussed about that so much.
would i still be able to turn interleaving off on premium aswel?
only problem is if i change product i have to wait until my next reset date dont i? 😕 that really sucks, do u know if theres any way i can put onto premium right away or asap ? because my usage is really screwed up this month as u can see in my other topic :<
scootie
Grafter

theres no diffrence when the traffic mangment has a sig for the game where pro comes in to its own is when games are brand new and no sig has been put live yet .
pc gamers are more likely to need pro due to the wide range of ports ect, where consoles dont as the console tend to use the same port
as for switching before your billing date that would of been somthing i said go chat to jameseh about  Sad
leeanthony
Grafter

havent seen him post recently though Sad i want james back!
leeanthony
Grafter

any sunday workers  Wink gogo Kiss
coastergrotto
Grafter

Historically they rarely post on Sunday.    Anyway Jameseh has left Plusnet.
leeanthony
Grafter

we know
leeanthony
Grafter

Is it possible to turn off interleaving on premium?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Don't see why not.
You could raise a ticket but it would be quicker if a Comms Team member did it.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:Pro + Premium

Yes it is possible, I'll go place the order now and it should complete at some point tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
leeanthony
Grafter

Im on premium already now  Grin
Interleaving is already off, aslong as it doesnt come on in a few days. Can you make sure it stays off please chris
cheers
goberpiles
Grafter

Well my experience so far is that on Pro I can play Fifa 10 on the PS3 no issue, on Premium I cant play Fifa online at all.
Spent the last few weeks on Pro traffic managment and no issues on Fifa, got put back to Prem today and cant play Fifa again, so I shall be ringing Plusnet tomorrow for my mac, already had 5 weeks of my PS3 being unplayable online not willing to listen to more excuses of why its pants.