Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Add On

Stewthecue
Grafter

Pro Add On

Morning,
I'm considering the pro add on, but have a query...
I understand that the pro addon removes the speed restrictions, and prioritises gaming traffic, but how will that effect non prioritised traffic?
To be clear; I game a lot, and i'm on fibre. (Around 32 meg). If i was to be gaming, how will that effect the speeds of - say... my wife watching iplayer for example?
I've been getting home from work and have found myself needing to take game updates before i can play, but they can take up to an hour sometimes, compared to the 5 minutes after midnight. I'd like full speed during peak hours, but what i dont want is the mrs complaining about buffering while i'm trying to concentrate on shooting things. Wink
I used the pro add on before, but i was on a 1 meg connection. Whilst it did make my gaming better, the wife couldn't even load a web page. I know theres a stark contrast in speeds but i'd like to understand to what degree the prioritisation works...
Anyone able to explain it to me?  Smiley
6 REPLIES 6
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Pro Add On

Pro add on moves everything up to at least Gold; gaming is platinum so will still be higher. You should be fine.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Stewthecue
FYI pro won't work with your current account type so you'd need to change to one of our current fibre offerings if you decide to give it a try.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stewthecue
Grafter

So it's not going to hog the bandwidth then, and cripple the other data types? That's good.
@Adam - I thought that might be the case, that's cool.
Thanks for the response guys. Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, yes jelv is right in saying all traffic is at least given gold priority, considering that and that you have fibre I really wouldn't worry.
Give me a shout if you decide to change accounts and give it a go and I'll get the wheels in motion.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stewthecue
Grafter

Thanks Adam. If i was to switch and then change my mind in a month or twos time, would i be able to switch back to my current account type? Or would that not be possible?
Assuming the above is possible, then yeah, i'd like to switch to the 120gb with pro add on... Should i go about the change product process, or are you able to do what needs doing?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Yes, I can make sure that's done. I don't mind handling the change for you. It should take place on your next billing date.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team