cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing puzzzler

jodysdad2

Printing puzzzler

I've joined Plusnet today and feel I must be doing something wrong. I cannot print anything on either of my two printers (HP and Epson) either wireless (preferred) or via ethernet. In all cases the signal seems to reach the printers but then nothing emerges. The router is only 3-4ft from the printers which are in line of sight. I use an iMac running Mac OS X 10.4.11. During the afternoon I did remember to unplug the ethernet cable when switching to wireless and checked that the paper trays were full. Darren at Plusnet technical support has been very patient and very helpful but couldn't crack the problem. He suggested trying this forum (and mentioned colleague Chris). All ideas and comments gratefully received. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Printing puzzzler

Hi jodysdad2,
I'm not sure which Chris Darren was referring to as there are 3 of us here Tongue
Changing Internet Providers shouldn't cause you any issues with your printer. Does your printer connect directly to your iMac or does it go through your router?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have you changed your router when changing ISP?  What IP addresses do your printers show?  They will have changed from what you've used before (If they're set to get an address by DHCP) or they may no longer be on the correct subnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Did you change routers and if so from what to what
jodysdad2

Hi everyone  Many thanks for your swift and helpful responses. My wife looked at these and managed to work things out when she came home from work earlier. That, together with one further call to Plusnet's technical back-up team, seems to have done the trick ... fingers crossed! Best wishes to all.