cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premiere or BBYW?

jlpappin
Grafter

Premiere or BBYW?

I am currently on Broadband Premiere 3 (I think it is 3) and pay £40 per month. I get under 30GB of peak time usage and whatever I want to use between midnight-4pm.
Would I be saving myself money by going for BBYW option 4? That costs £30 with 40GB of usage but will that still let me use off peak bandwidth without it going towards my allowance?
I game on xbox Live and sometimes do see lag. So am I on the wrong product?
5 REPLIES 5
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Premiere or BBYW?

Peak time for the BBYW products is 8AM to midnight rather than 4PM to midnight with BB Premier 3.  However the full 40GB is available on BBYW Option 4 before management kicks in whereas this occurs from 27GB on BB Premier 3.
Usage during the off-peak time (midnight to 8AM) remains free.
David
James
Grafter

This depends entirely on how much you use between 8am and 4pm.  If this is a considerable amount, I'd recommend staying on your current product.
If you think you do 40GB or under between 8am and midnight, then BBYWo4 is the product for you.
jlpappin
Grafter

Ok thanks for your reply. Are both packages giving gaming packets priority or does one favour the gamer over the other?
James
Grafter

Both should be absolutely fine for gaming purposes.
We ensure that all gaming traffic is prioritised at a high level on our network.
jlpappin
Grafter

Ok thanks so much for your prompt reply.