cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier VPN speed and Plusnet Unlimited questions

leahk
Grafter

Premier VPN speed and Plusnet Unlimited questions

OK, I read though the FAQs and still have some questions.
Q1. I'm currently on BB Premier Option 1 - I've been comparing the traffic management with the unlimited product. VPN is not listed as one of the types subject to traffic management for BB Premier Option 1 - Is that correct?
FAQ 13. Does Plusnet Unlimited come with domain hosting?
No, hosting isn't included. If you need to host a domain you might want to take a look at Just The Name.
If you're already a customer with hosted domains and move to Plusnet Unlimited you won't lose these.

Q2. Does the statement "you won't lose these" mean "you won't lose the domains" or does it mean "You will continue to host my domains"?
Q3. I currently have "Max Premium". Is this affected if I switch to Unlimited?
4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Premier VPN speed and Plusnet Unlimited questions

For a good side by side comparison see this http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping2.htm
I've switched from Prem 1 to unlimited this month and so far have had no issues.
my VPN to the office is working fine. It does not have any restrictions on Prem1, the restriction on unlimited is the max bandwidth not the priority.
As you are upgrading you can keep your value add items such as web hosting and VoIP.
Max premium is fine on unlimited I have that too.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
leahk
Grafter

Thanks very much for the information adiewoo.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Also as you are an existing customer it's only a 12month contract if you don't take the router.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

Q1. I'm currently on BB Premier Option 1 - I've been comparing the traffic management with the unlimited product. VPN is not listed as one of the types subject to traffic management for BB Premier Option 1 - Is that correct?

There weren't any rate limits applied on Broadband Premier for VPN, however this is rate limited to 2Mbps on Unlimited.  That should be more than enough though.
Q2. Does the statement "you won't lose these" mean "you won't lose the domains" or does it mean "You will continue to host my domains"?

It means both.  You'll keep the existing services you had on Broadband Premier.
Q3. I currently have "Max Premium". Is this affected if I switch to Unlimited?

You'll continue to receive this.