cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier Option 2 v Unlimited - views please

Mav
Fixes: 514

Premier Option 2 v Unlimited - views please

Now we'ved moved and our new line is due to be connected on Tuesday along with our BB I was wondering whether it's time to move to Unlimited.
Conciously I currently have reduced my peak-time usage from around 25/28GB month to 10/15GB but my off-peak has increased from around 80GB to 250/300GB.
I really like the long off-peak hours and I have been getting excellent speeds even during peak time only reducing to around 2Mbps for 3or 4 hours sometimes less.
Bearing in mind my close proximity to the exchange in my old premises and att of around 2/5dB and my new premises is liable to be around 49dB I will already get some reduced, therefore, speed the impact of throttling between midday and midnight may not seem as great now as it would have been when syncing at 8128.
I don't use p2p or gaming but do use download sites, streaming, etc. We don't have our own TV so will probably start to watch some TV on-line especially during the current peak hours.
I'm very happy with the service I get and don't ncessary want to rock the boat but I am paying a premium for it at almost £30. I could nearly half that with Unlimited.
I have read much of the infoon the Refresh & other relevant threads as well as all the gumph on PN's site.
So, my question - have others in a similar situation made the move and found Unlimited to be better for their needs.
I know ASBO is happy Wink I'd give him a run for his money on the TB issue any time if i move  Cheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

2 REPLIES 2
scootie
Grafter

Re: Premier Option 2 v Unlimited - views please

i moved from  BBYW3. so i get slightly more thottling on some traffic but not a great diffrence to me and havent really noticed any diffrence.
but due to usage being unlimited i gain an extra 4 hours of line speed as i can carry on downloading from midnight to midday instead of till 8am due to usage.
plus theres no upload caps on unlimited which is nice if your paying for max preminum
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Premier Option 2 v Unlimited - views please

The more I think about it the less attractive Unlimited seems to be for me.
Basically there is still peak/off peak with unlimited where throttling is concerned and I would be getting 4 hours more throttling than I get now.
I don't upload much so no real gains there.
The only advantage is the price drop but I'm not sure I want that if I lose so much in other ways.
Think I'll stay where I am and wait to see what Phase Two brings forth!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still