Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-trial speed loss

the_norris
Grafter

Re: Pre-trial speed loss

Hi Chapster
Can I ask what was done in those two week or did it magic its self better?  Got the same problem - also got very similar line stats. 
I'm at the stage where I have my router and phone via filter plugged into the test socket - not that I this is making any difference - Got no extension/internal wiring.
Currently moving my website to a external hosting company - so will be ready to migrate away from this 21CN to back to a LLU service (was on PN's LLU) - Was very happy.
Just like to know how you got on, and long I need to continue waiting - been have problems from day one on 21CN for 2 months ago.
Phil
Chapster
Grafter

Hi Phil, It was just magic i think this all started on the 15th may .I have not been told officially that i have migrated to 21CN, it was mentioned on here that i was.
I know this is a trial but whats the point if it the speed drops. You need a lot of patience for this "trial".
Re websites: Good move, i did that months ago, just in case i needed to get out.
If its any good to you.....The router has been plugged into the test socket since last sunday (24th may) and noticed the sync increase today. The syc rate is up but still getting low 1500 speeds, probably have to wait  another week for it to be stable and then  another week for the PN IP profile to go up. Then i might be achieving the heady heights of 4000 downstream...wahoo.
As you can probably tell i am getting a tad fedup as probably you are.
the_norris
Grafter

Hi Chapster,
Thank for the reply - will be soon be 3 days in the test socket - 2 days, 12hrs.
See my SNR down is stable and upload snr is between 4-5db.
I think you need patience of a saint for 21CN.
Now don't got crazy with that speed increase! Crazy
Will post if anything happens good or bad.
Phil
Chapster
Grafter

LOL .....at least we're learning something, mainly......... not to get involved in trials.
Chapster
Grafter

PN ticket support just going round in circles Undecided closed ticket.
Router back in normal position stats below.

BT test:
###################################################################################################
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 5368 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  832 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 1750 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1509 kbps
If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.
If you are experiencing problems with specific applications, servers or websites please contact your ISP for assistance.
Your test has completed please close this window to exit the performance tester.
##################################################################################################

the_norris
Grafter

Hi
might be got the same here too.  PN says theres a fault on the voice circuit - BT say no fault.
PN get BT to test ADSL - no fault - must be local.  Suggest removing all devices and use test socket/change filter, router, house, Electric supplier  Crazy  Cry
The fault is with the DLM rubbish.  Line and setup fine on LLU and old ADSLMAX.

itsme
Grafter

I think the main difference is that the LLU companies go for the headline sync speed and don't worry about the errors. So the effective speed of downloading is reduced at busy times because of the number of retransmissions. While BT 21CN system has to more rigorous on noise as their system will carry more traffic.
Don't forget there a high probabiity that both the LLU and BT equipment are the same model from the same manufacturer and the difference is how they manager the connection.
Chapster
Grafter

Off subject a bit.....has anybody had problems with FTP?
Only on some servers I get " cannot retrieve directory list" I was just wondering if the trial would effect FTP in some way? I have been searching for answers everywhere. Tried most of the solutions active mode instead of passive etc
unless it's this new belkin n+ router.... Added my pc to dmz still get error.
Chapster
Grafter

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 4896 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  832 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 3500 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1250 kbps
James
Grafter

Hi Chapster,
I've just made a change in your line profiling from our end.
Could you possibly try rebooting your router and see if you notice an improvement in your speeds?
Chapster
Grafter

Hi James, Yep that did the trick.

I am am hoping the syc rate will increase over time thus increasing the IP Profile. Am i correct in assuming this?
Regards Steve
James
Grafter

Steve - Can you try rebooting again?
I changed your profile at our end to 3500Kbps, so I'd expect a bit more of an improvement?
Chapster
Grafter

Grin Yeah sorry wrong one, corrected it now.
Chapster
Grafter

I think we can leave to the automated system now( as its above my original rate), i will check back in a couple of weeks if the IP Profile needs a kick.