Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-trial speed loss

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Pre-trial speed loss

I wouldn't have said that was normal, but there again funny things seem to happen here on ADSL2+.
If you can post the ADSL stats when things like that happen, it's nice to see it in context with the other figures.
Regards DS noise - That was also going to be my next suggestion as ASBO had already mentioned. Try and get RouterStats running to monitor the Noise Margin.
You'll find a few tips here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,76116.0.html
You'll have to adjust the range settings to suit your own sync, attenutaion & noise etc. The 'Get Stats' settings will be specific for your router and you may have to experiment a little when highlighing the values as mentioned in the thread.
Chapster
Grafter

Hi anotherone, I get this when i telnet....
echo *   =      danube_autoboot_daemon danube_mei_debug danube_show_firmware_date tcpmessages translate
if i try any other commands it says "cannot find file or directory" so i have got a feeling i will not be able to use these tools Sad
-sh: adslctl: not found ................in information box on DMTv8
Chapster
Grafter

Using command    "ps" using the DMTv8  i get :
  PID  Uid    VmSize Stat Command
    1 root        344 S  init     
    2 root            SW  [keventd]
    3 root            RWN [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
    4 root            SW  [kswapd]
    5 root            SW  [bdflush]
    6 root            SW  [kupdated]
    7 root            SW  [atm_led]
    9 root            SW  [kmibpoll]
  12 root            SW  [mtdblockd]
  13 root            SW  [khubd]
  24 root        204 S  /usr/sbin/swreset
  50 root        192 S  /bin/EthCheck
  65 root        300 S  /root/danube_autoboot_daemon /firmware/modemhwe.bin a
  95 root            SW  [rtmpWscHandle]
  119 root        320 S  /sbin/syslogd -s 50 -b 2
  132 root        296 S  /sbin/klogd
  582 root        268 S  /usr/sbin/atmarpd -b -l /dev/null
  930 root        360 S  /usr/sbin/inetd /etc/inetd.conf
1033 root        336 S  syslogd -C
1381 root        200 S  sntp -s 192.5.41.41 -s 130.149.17.8 -t Greenwich Mean
1581 root        208 S  if_traffic
1592 root      1100 S  cfm
1670 root        240 S  /usr/bin/oamd
1906 root        820 S  cfm
1913 root        852 S  cfm
1914 root        196 S  mst
2184 root        188 S  wps_trigger
2235 root        208 S  /bin/easystorage
2236 root        304 S  /sbin/getty 115200 ttyS1
2255 root        572 S  /usr/sbin/pppd call pppoatm1
2764 root        340 S  /bin/miniupnpd
23830 root        496 S  /usr/sbin/dnrd -s 212.159.6.9 -s 212.159.6.10
25554 root        288 S  telnetd
25555 root        320 S  -sh
2225 root        356 S  udhcpd
3934 root        320 R  ps

Undecided ???? No understand. Can you see a way of getting stats???
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

For Routerstats (rather than DMT) the help guide gives some clues on finding the URL giving the stats. It's possible the information is displayed on the Belkin web interface using frames. See information here for getting the required information using Internet Explorer or Firefox. (As the help guide says, it doesn't matter if what you get lacks the formatting information from the complete webpage.)
If you can get that URL information we can then move on and make use of it.
David
David
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Chapster.
As far as ADSL stats go, I may have confused you, I meant similar to what you've already posted eg. - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=76575.0;attach=10381;image
David's given some guidelines as to get to the stats page for the RouterStats program, which ought to be the same page as the ADSL stats we've just mentioned. HTH
Chapster
Grafter

Well the actual page i get stats from is "home.html"
If i add this to the  Url page i get [error]  i also get " Socket Error # 11004" when i click "get source" on the define stats page.
I have a good look through the Home.html page in dreamweaver. Downloaded some linked  js pages and a couple of cgi pages.....still cannot fathom. Doesnt seem to be any frames etc.
I can only assume the home.html gets written dynamically by a cgi script. But so far  i havnt sourced the actual script . I will keep trying.
I might setup my old Billion Bipac 7402  i am sure we could get the stats with it  using this method.
scootie
Grafter

OMG asbo's out of bed and it's still light out side  Crazy
i never had any joy at geting the stats out of a belkin n150 i ran for all of 3 days
Chapster
Grafter

Morning ASBO DOG,
Not had a chance to to try test socket again. But i will do sometime over weekend.
When in test socket is best not to have the phone in filter ?
scootie
Grafter

try it with just router and filter(plus try a spare filter to rule that out) you only really need to leave it setup like this for short time to grab the stats so not having the phone connected shouldnt be a big problem
as anotherone has said before the DLM on adsl2+ is very strange.
i manged to get a 4544 sync on 9db target and then a thunder storm passed over after having this sync for a couple of weeks and errors shot up so i forced a lower sync to keep things in check then after things looked stable again a few hours later i let the router sync on its own back to 4544 on 9db and after a day the DLM droped my line and came back up with a 18db target at 3074 sync and currently still stuck with that a week later.
with the above said thats why it would be nice to get a snr monitor running so you can see if you snr is in fact stable and there is no major nosie intrfence.
if its stable then i would surrgest to set all your wiring how you want it(if snr is stable like that) and just leave everything alone for a week or 2 and hopefully the more responsive DLM would drop your line at some point and try a lower noise margin target
Chapster
Grafter

We run business's from home so it will have to be sunday for the no phones part. But ok will do.
scootie
Grafter

should only take 5-10 mins to grab the captures from the test socket and 2 filters
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Checking the effect of the phone takes only a few seconds - no need to re-sync. Check the stats (especially SNR margins) with the phone plugged into the filter. Unplug the phone and check the stats again. Different? Plug the phone in again and check the stats for a third time. Do the SNR margins return to original-check values?
David
David
Chapster
Grafter

Chapster
Grafter

Whats the correct telephone cable to use for ADSL. I decided to run a new cable today (different route) with telephone cable i had brought a long time ago and NOT used yet.
After i had ran the cable and started fitting into new sockets i noticed the wire colours are different. BLACK-RED-GREEN-YELLOW??? It works but.......
Found on a forum for best results i should use twisted pair telephone cable or CAT5....is this correct. I spent hours running it Embarrassed I will have to start again tomorrow >:(.baring in mind the whole reason for doing it was to keep noise down.
Also saw somewhere i should only use 2 and 5 for ADSL?
Luckly my existing cables are twisted pair.
Any body want to buy some cable.

Chapster
Grafter

Well.... after two weeks, nearly threatening to leave PN. I have seen some positive movement.
Still plugged in test socket:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Your DSL connection rate: 5360 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  832 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 1750 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1076 kbps
Its seems rediculous to me that my customers (in the same town, litle closer to the  exchange) can get  8000 sych rates with talktalk very cheaply. I pay £30 per month Sad
My arguement  with the wife for staying with PN is the English support and the up to date rss status feeds. But i have started to lose this battle.