Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postini and Spam

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Postini and Spam

Again, I am finding that alot of my legitimate mail is being marked as spam, all from PlusNet customers mainly.  Its getting to be a pain, when sorting my spam folder, to find Mails days old marked as [SPAM], that are legitimate. I mark them as not spam, to no avail. When is this going to get sorted out???????????, and a whitelist and blacklist added to the control centre.
8 REPLIES 8
dwas

Re: Postini and Spam

Join the Club, I logged 1800 spam emails over a 7 day period. May 2007 I think it was. Yes postiti has included in spam emails, emails from friends and others. Nothing but problems have prompted me to change my username........................wow what a mine field...........problems with DD's problems all round. Have only been using Plusnet since 2004, they can't even get my first name correct, not forgetting the countless tickets I have raised over the past week regarding my account. Each ticket signed yes with my first name followed by my Family name..........makes you wonder !!!!!!!
klyne
Grafter

On a slightly different tack there seems to be a massive increase in SPAM recently, getting on for 200 today and I don't really use my Plus Net e.mail address that much. Should the system be doing more to not even download some mails. An example would be those with no subject and no sender details? Can I adjust my own settings?
David
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Its strange, I have six mailboxes set up and do get the same spam in several of the and in the default some right weird prefixes, but so far this month my total is just under 400, nowhere near as many as you are claiming
running
Dabbler

pierre_pierre
Grafter

I currently have three possible domains, one@username.free.online.co.uk, another @username.idps.co.uk which free-online set up years ago as a short cut  and the third @username.me.uk that I was given after the mess up last year, I get none to the.me.uk but the rest to the compromised ones, unfortunately PlusNet insist on using the old address for sending out their mail, and also the new me.uk because it is a PN one goes to the old mail boxes, I keep getting told to switch of Catch All, thats O?K if you can teach the Commercial firms to use the new address instead of a generic left say newsletter or what ever these end up as catch all, you also cant set up alias because you dont no what the idiot firms are going to use next time.  Crazy
running
Dabbler

You can change the email PlusNet use to send their emails under Account Details, View Details. Any firms I want emails from I either unsubscribe and re-subscribe with the new domain name or change it if I can – I don’t want emails from companies I can’t unsubscribe from.
Change you Spam settings under Email Settings, Manage My Mail, Spam and setup each domain name as you want.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I know I have changed my profile to me.uk, but PN insist on still sending it to the old address as well
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: pierre_pierre
I currently have three possible domains, one@username.free.online.co.uk, another @username.idps.co.uk which free-online set up years ago as a short cut  and the third @username.me.uk that I was given after the mess up last year, I get none to the.me.uk but the rest to the compromised ones...

Did you know that we can turn off the free-online.co.uk and idps.co.uk addresses? You can request this by raising a ticket. You can change the address we send correspondence to via the Member Centre as per another poster's suggestion.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵