cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to cancel?

HNKS
Grafter

Possible to cancel?

Ive been with Plusnet for about a couple of months and I have yet to experience a proper fibre experience. The connection is slow and sluggish at most times and its just not worth the £20 a month Im playing. Can I cancel because Plusnet are not offering me what they should be / What I was promised?
8 REPLIES 8
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Possible to cancel?

I doubt it, and it's not a permanent problem and BT Infinity is getting the same issues, so it's not just Plusnet.
HNKS
Grafter

Great.  Cry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The connection is slow and sluggish at most times

I can't see that you've raised a fault HNKS so I would definitely advise that as the next step.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

See here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111170.msg966956.html#msg966956 if it's just peak time & Gateway issues, which is the impression I got from his other posts. Have you checked the Current Line speed (Login required) HNKS,it should match the BT IP profile from the BT Diagnostic Speedtest?
rja
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
I doubt it, and it's not a permanent problem and BT Infinity is getting the same issues, so it's not just Plusnet.

Don't understand this. If the OP is correct that in the two months he's had the service it's never performed correctly then I'd argue the OFCOM code of practice applies. How is the possibility that there is an on-going fault and that Infinity users might also be affected relevant to the OP's complaint? Surely they are Plusnet's problems, not the OP's. Equally how long does a "temporary" problem have to go on before it's classed as a "permanent" one?
James
Grafter

The Ofcom Speed Code of Practice (which I'm not sure if it applies to fibre), dictates that we need to be given a chance to repair the situation.
In order for that to happen (and assuming it's not related to the peak time issues) we would need a fault raising through our website.
rja
Grafter

Couldn't agree more about raising an issue as the first point of call. I was simply pointing out that if Plusnet can't resolve the issue in a reasonable time, I'm dubious that the OP doesn't have some comeback though. If one buys a service, shouldn't one be able to expect the service to perform as advertised?
To be clear, I'm not suggesting the OP should do anything at present other than log the fault. As we know there is an ongoing fault.
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: rja
How is the possibility that there is an on-going fault and that Infinity users might also be affected relevant to the OP's complaint?

It doesn't affect his complaint as such, I don't believe I said it did. And I don't believe I said it wasn't Plusnet's problem either, of course it is.
But IIRC (and I may not) one of his earlier posts was in a thread where someone with the same issue was talking about wishing they'd gone to BT Infinity. I was merely providing information that Infinity were affected as well if you care to browse the BT Community Care Forums.
In fact the problem may have been a little more widespread, some of think there may be an issue somewhere on the BT Backhaul.