Re: Possible Outage 12/4

Problem exists between PlusNet and BTw.
Dropped pipes from gateway?
Regards
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quite probably, that was my guess, but as it's all hypothesis, it would be nice to have the actual explanation.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It was an issue with a node in Reading, more than likely a line card issue. We can request further information but that is the most likely cause.
Anotherone
Champion

The real point here Chris was that issues at Reading cropped up earlier in the day, but on the face of visible evidence didn't seem to affect Plusnet customers until mid-evening. And the only connection between the issues that had arisen earlier in the day and the Reading node was the clear time. If it turned out BT had to do some "emergency" maintenance, which resulted in a lot of previously unaffected (it would seem) Plusnet customers losing connection at a peak time for half an hour or more, then BTw should have notified you beforehand so you could have put up a Service Status before the event.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The information that we have is that the incident at Reading started at 19:11 and not earlier in the day as BT Wholesale first thought. We were sent an email notification after 8pm advising of this and that they were planning to reseat a line card which failed and led to a prolonged outage.
So we've been advised that there was no emergency maintenance scheduled prior to our customers losing their connection and that as soon as the outage started we were notified which led to our service status.
Anotherone
Champion

Ahem, a Service Status that was posted after the event  Roll_eyes
I know you guys on the DCT try hard, but somewhere back up the line you are being let down  Lips_are_sealed
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately I didn't get a call about this until 9pm and I also couldn't get online straight away due to the outage  Crazy