Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Line Fault?

lecks
Dabbler

Re: Possible Line Fault?

Did the Troubleshoot again.
When I plugged the corded phone on its own in the test socket initially it was noisy, I left it and kept monitoring it. Gradually the noise disappeared until after some time I was left with no noise.
I have managed to borrow a brand new, never been used, PlusNet Technicolor router, plugged it in and as usual the line was nice and quiet.
However, after it has been up and running for approx. 1.5hrs the noise has started again although I haven't had my connection dropped yet.
So it can only be a line fault, will have to ring to arrange an engineer visit.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I see we've got an appointment booked in for you, fingers crossed the engineer locates and resolves the complaint.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lecks
Dabbler

Quote from: plusnettony
Your line is banded - WBC 160K - 288K Medium delay (INP 8 ) 6dB Downstream, UC Low delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+).
We can remove this for you, but I need to be certain that everything else has been resolved first, or it will just go straight back down again (and we'll need to wait a week and a half before we can do the same reset again).
The main test would be the router into the test socket, and let me test the line again. Currently, your SNR margin is 19db. I want to see if this reduced to 6db (a reasonable level) before we reset.

BT engineer has just left (spent all day on my line), he found a loose connection on the over head wires but that did not totally clear the problem. He then put me on a new circuit to the exchange.
The fault appears to be fixed.
Obviously I am still running very slow speeds.
Can somebody rebrand/reset my line or do I have to wait for it to be done automatically.
Chris
Legend

Since your post yesterday the connection is looking a lot more stable

As the line fault is now resolved and it appears stable, I'll go and reset the profile.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lecks
Dabbler

Yes speed is back up, actually its unbelievable high, depending on which speed test I use its between 6.8mbs and 9.5mbs download, considering I'm on up to 8 connection don't think the last figure can be all that accurate.
Many thanks.
Chris
Legend

Your line is on 21CN now, which allows for faster speeds, it's connected at just over 10Mb/s giving a profile of 9.9Mb/s
lecks
Dabbler

Well that explains the higher speeds.
Thanks