cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports for PS3 NAT Type-Strict.Help!!!

Ghosts
Dabbler

Ports for PS3 NAT Type-Strict.Help!!!

Hi. Just trying to open port log for Thomson. Done Username/Password = Enter, than it shown "lost Host" Help Please! Cry
dick:red All caps title edited as per forum rule.
28 REPLIES 28
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: PORTS FOR PS3 NAT TYPE-STRICT.HELP!!!

Hi Ghosts,
Really sorry to hear you're having problems with your NAT Type. Does http://community.plus.net/library/gaming/increasing-gaming-compatability-with-the-thomson-tg585v8-xb... help at all?
Ghosts
Dabbler

Re: Ports for PS3 NAT Type-Strict.Help!!!

Cry sorry still same  Cry
thesawdust
Grafter

Generally you can give the PS3 a static internal IP which will solve the problem  Wink
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Are you connected via Ethernet?
Ghosts
Dabbler

yep cable  Wink
thesawdust
Grafter

To make sure that your PS3 is always assigned the same internal IP address by your router, you will need to go to the "Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings" option on the PS3 Cross bar menus.

ou will be presented with an option which primarily asks whether you are using a Wired or Wireless connection. Obviously, you will choose the option which refers to you. If choosing the Wireless option you will need to input the security details in use on your router *If you are not currently using wireless security, i strongly recommend you do so ASAP*

Both selections should show a page called "Address Settings". Here you will need to select "Custom". Another page will then display entitled "IP Address Setting". The option "Manual" will need to be selected. This will display a page where customisable IP Addresses are available to be selected. IP Address - This will need to have the Static IP address in it. Personally, i use 192.168.1.100. I use this because it is extremely unlikely my Router will ever automatically assign this IP Address to a device, as i will never have 99 other devices connected to the same system.

Subnet Mask - Is always set to 255.255.255.0 Default Router - Is the internal IP Address of your router. To get the exact ip of your router you should go to Start Run cmd Type in ipconfig and hit enter, this should come up with all the ip addresses to do with your computer and the network. The address you will need to enter in this option is listed as "Default Gateway". Primary DNS - Same IP Address as "Default Router" Secondary DNS - Same IP Address as "Default Router" After entering all of these IP Addresses, you will now click "Enter" or hit the "right" button on the D-Pad. This will take you to a screen which says "MTU" at the top. My setup has this as Automatic, solely because i haven't a clue what MTU actually means or does.
The next steps are very simple. You do not want to use a proxy server unless you connect to the internet using one, however i can be of no help there, and you should enable UPnP if your router supports it.
Ghosts
Dabbler

ok, where I can found Static IP address for me?  Sad
thesawdust
Grafter

you use the IP 192.168.1.100 as described.  Wink
Ghosts
Dabbler

Done  Cheesy shows NAT TYPE 3  Shocked ,restarted console  Roll_eyes still same STRICT  Cry
thesawdust
Grafter

should be NAT type 2?
Try rebooting the router? Which game are you trying with?  Smiley
Ghosts
Dabbler

COD Ghosts  Smiley
Ghosts
Dabbler

still same NAT 3  Embarrassed . Just available  upnp.done test and back to NAT 2 But still strict  Cry
Ghosts
Dabbler

Primary and Secondary DNS on my rooter is different that what I entered just now on my ps3.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

What is the make and model of router you're using?