cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal annoyance: Failed Billing Page

Firejack
Grafter

Portal annoyance: Failed Billing Page

Just got the page http://portal.plus.net/failed_billing.php when I try to visit the portal. That page is seriously annoying. Whatever link I click on it returns to the same page blocking access to "My Account" for example so I can't check what the problem is exactly.
Surely this can't be working as designed. I can access the internet freely but not access any of the portal features?!
I updated my payment method so hopefully that will fix it.
11 REPLIES 11
James
Grafter

Re: Portal annoyance: Failed Billing Page

Has this been resolved now?  I'm seeing your account as being fully paid with a next invoice date of September 3rd, so hopefully everything should now be alright?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's not it's probably because you haven't reset the connection. If that's the case you'll still get the failed billing screens - just drop the ADSL connection for a few minutes and reconnect and let us know if this doesn't help.
Firejack
Grafter

I updated my payment method and dropped my connection and I was able to navigate around the portal successfully again shortly after I made my original post.
The issue I was having wasn't with the actually billing it was that webpage as it appeared to be broken to me. It definitely wasn't working as it was meant too.
I mean when you have a problem with your account you shouldn't be stopped from actually logging into your account to try and fix the problem, should you? That was exactly what was happening though. Virtually ever link I clicked on just reloaded the Failed Billing page. I was stuck in a loop it seemed with no way to navigate away. Really annoying.
Viewing the page now it works fine though.
radarengineer

Got same problem after exceeeding my usage allowance (which I'd previously extended).
The URL is displayed but the page is blank (same problem on all my PCs).
I had to entend my usage allowance by logging in from work the next day.
I thought that once this occurs that your account is throttled back to a minimal bandwidth so you can at least continue to use the service. I guess Ts and Cs must have changed at some point.
Be3G
Grafter

Reminds me of various problems I had a few months back with the failed billing system.
Santiago
Grafter

I got the failed billing page on Sunday. It was the first time I have seen that. It said my account had been put on hold until the overdue amount was paid.
My payment is taken from a credit card, which is still current.
When I called CS  they said the payment had failed. The guy said he could try and take the payment again which was successful this time.
I don't think this "Arrange Payment" is a very customer friendly process. The system assumed the fault was mine and put my account on hold when is fact it was not my fault at all. I had not (at that time) recieved any other notification of a problem.
Not happy
Not applicable

I have just received a call from one of my referrals (my mother)
Upon logging into her account, it appears that its been disabled due to failed billing.
There is a ticket stating that there has been a chargeback applied, although my Mother knows nothing about this.
The credit card details are all OK expires end of 2010ish, and the payment was taken successfully on the 26th July.
I'll be calling the CSC very shortly to ascertain the reason for this, unless of course a handy agent wants to grab me on MSN first to resolve this.
The ticket (to locate the ticket and account) in question is 25914717, I've added my mobile number to the ticket for expediency.
Not applicable

Hmm, seems this failed billing is as a result of a double invoice for service in Oct 2007 - the second invoice was processed and payment taken in April 2008 for some reason.
This has been taken back as a chargeback by my dear mum as it was clearly a double payment for no reason and a mistake on behalf of PN.
Sadly, this chargeback for the incorrect invoice has now resulted in 'failed billing' being applied, so she can't get online.
In my misplaced faith in PN, I thought Mum had made a mistake, so asked PN to take the payment again, so she's now back online.
But shes had to pay twice for one months useage in late 2007.
[me=James_H]is simmering gently waiting for a lovely CSC Bod[/me]
Edit:
[me=James_H]has now spoken to a lovely CSC bod, who agreed that the mistake was plain and that the payment had indeed been taken in error.[/me]
Offered refund of the extra payment, or 100% discount on next months billing (effectively the same thing.)
Faith restored
Apologies for deviation.
FURTHER EDIT:
Mark K, you should have had the ticket raised to you for review via the lovely lady I spoke with.
I think there is much ground to be made in improving the information given in the ticket - had it been linked to the invoice that the chargeback had been applied to for example, it would have been much easier to spot the error and get it resolved IMO.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

James,
If you want to PM me the ticket number I'll go and have a word - likewise for any other customers who have had responses that are of a lower quality than they might expect, please pass them on and they'll be taken up as training issues.
Many thanks,
Matt
Not applicable

Two posts up Matt, Wink
But again, for the hard of scrolling amongst the audience.
I presume its a standard text that is added, and it is marked as 'internal' but knowing what invoice it applies to would enable folks to have the right bank statements to hand etc for checking.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

D'oh - skim reading skills are not what they once were apparently. Apologies for that. I'll take a look now, cheers James.  Embarrassed