cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding a technicolor tg582n fttc fibre router

nlouks

Port forwarding a technicolor tg582n fttc fibre router

Hi, does anyone know how to setup port forwarding on a technicolor tg582n fttc fibre router?
We need several external ports forwarding to internal ports to route CCTV, servers etc.
Easy as anything on every other router we've had, but I can't find anything on this router.
4 REPLIES 4
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Port forwarding a technicolor tg582n fttc fibre router

Many years ago  i found the best method was to buy and use a proper router,  as Thompson /Technicolour  router's are not designed to be easliy configured by end users, they never have been , IMO are nothing more than pos that belong in landfill
nlouks

I agree but apparently its a little more tricky to find a fibre compatible router.
nlouks

Just realized that you should be able to use any other "cable" router providing you set it to PPPoE and set to "Always On" (or its equivalent) then enter your Plusnet username and password.
Helpful for us to know as our current router has all the port forwarding setup already.
deathtrap
Grafter

There are quite a few routers out there  that have a ewan port  as long as that is capable of over 80mbps  which i would think most are  they should work fine, billion have several that work with FTTC and are IPV6 compatible also, As do Asus i think,  And for possibly a cheaper option  there is TP link