cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding

gingle
Grafter

Port Forwarding

I have the Thomson Gateway TG585 v7 router. On a previous router / connection I had to manually open required ports. Is this necessary / possible on this router? If so how is it done?Huh
Thanks Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
scootie
Grafter

Re: Port Forwarding

uPnP should take care of your port forwarding but if you have trouble with certain apps then setting a forward rule up may be needed.
this may help but dont know if the v7(PN firmware) is diffrent http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/SpeedTouch585/Xbox_Live_360.h...
gingle
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
uPnP should take care of your port forwarding but if you have trouble with certain apps then setting a forward rule up may be needed.

Thanks for your response Smiley However, I don't know what uPnP is. Does this mean it just all takes care of itself?Huh
scootie
Grafter

universal plug and play (upnp). yep pretty much takes care of its self but there is some instances where you may have to set a rule up manually.
if you log in to your router and have look thorough the menus you should find upnp and the menu to manual port forward.
If the link i gave you is not the same as the v7 firmware maybe some helpful soul who has a v7 will reply with a how to and some screen shots