cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poorest service ever

Shona

Poorest service ever

I have never had such a poor service. 

If I try to download anything, no-one else in the house can connect to the internet. Even when uploading, it struggles with anyone else connecting to internet.

Constantly disconnects my nest thermostat from the heatlink every night which results in heating radiators from cold again which is the most fuel consuming hour - very expensive. 

I have never had these issues with any other service provider. 

This has been more than three months now, so definitely not teething problems just the level of service being provided. 

5 REPLIES 5
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Poorest service ever

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums.

Can I first of all ask if you've followed any of our guides for assistance, and if so what you've done so far?

Your connection logs did show a bit of dropping but has since been banded (probably coinciding with the line becoming stable).

For testing, I need you to please plug into the master socket and leave it therefore a period of time. Once you've done it though, I want to perform a line reset for you (SNR Reset) to get the speeds back. If it lasts, its' fixed, if not, we investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Shona

Which guides in particulsr do you suggest?

Shona

It is always plugged into the master socket. Can you please reset whatever needs resetting?

I have to repeatedly check my nest thermostat as it is being disconnected. The first few weeks were fine but this has now progressed

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Shona, I've just tested your line and we're not seeing signs of any obvious issues. Please try following the checks here if that's still a  problem: https://plusnet.imperatives.co.uk/empportal/login.xhtml if issues continue beyond that you can report a fault with us at http://faults.plus.net

Please let us know how you get on. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Shona

Your link takes me to a 403 forbidden page and cant reply to the email as your inbox is full. Not helpful. 

Things seemed fine for a few days and it has just disconnected my heating thermostat again. 

This is a very expensive way to heat a home since I am having to constantly heat radiators from cold. 

There are clearly serious drops in the internet connection. This is no use to me if I can't control my heating.