Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor synch after reconnect

mauler
Dabbler

Re: Poor synch after reconnect

Just an update......
About 30 mins ago my profile went up to 4500kbps, despite only having a sync of 5376kbps from 10am this morning up from 288kbps.
Really pleased that the profile has updated so quickly, thought it would take 72 hrs, but it has taken about 11.
The SNR has also changed down to 12 from 15, which compared to the gigantic 33.4 it has been since Friday, is very nice to see.
Can finally browse and download again, and no longer have my girlfriend moaning at me because Facebook isn't loading quickly enough!!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

For an IP Profile increase of over 250% the expected time for the BT change is meant to be 4-12 hours. I assume the Plusnet change had also occurred in the 11 hours you mentioned.
It's useful to see evidence that the system can achieve that expectation.
David
mauler
Dabbler

Yes, the Plusnet profile also updated at the same time (roughly) of the BT profile updating, which was a nice suprise.
Speed test results then came in at around 4000kbps down, and 900kbps up which was a massive difference on the 125kbps down I was getting earlier in the morning. Upstream was the same.
Cheers
James
Grafter

Great news Smiley
mauler
Dabbler

It certainly is!!    Cheesy
Thanks again
the_norris
Grafter

Great news there - sound like the same problem with my line too.
just about finished the first 10 day thingy - the only problem been the issues the other night - authentication problem.  Rebooted my router a few times - looks like the ia upset the DLM in to thinking my line is unstable - boo hoo.  Not sure if the BT DLM thing is the best way forward?  Was on LLU - the odd day due to bad weather would knock my sync speed down by 1Mb. then bounce back the next day - but with BT it could be 3 days to recover the IP profile speed!
Phil
ctech500
Grafter

Hi everyone I reckon that DLM tends to have a "Wobble" near the end of the stabilisation period.
which is not funny.
perhaps people should advised about the erratic behaviour of the DLM during stabilisation.

mauler
Dabbler

I know what you mean Phil, terrified to reboot my router at the moment but........Just as things were looking up..........
Had no internet since 9pm, router is synching fine but I cannot access any sites or do anything. I have also been given an IP address of 172.16.x.x  which is strange because I should have a static IP of 81.174.xx.xx.
Thoght it was a router problem so tried a couple of reboots and even tried a different router, but exactly the same.
Any one else experienced similar?? Or could this just be the 'wobble' that you were referring to ctech500???  Having to use my mobile as a modem at the moment, and it isn't the quickest.
Was also wondering, if at the end of the training period I have a low sync, does that mean it will never improve unless the line is re-trained or will it gradually improve as the line stablises?Huh
Cheers
Adam
ctech500
Grafter

Quote from: mauler

Had no internet since 9pm, router is synching fine but I cannot access any sites or do anything. I have also been given an IP address of 172.16.x.x   which is strange because I should have a static IP of 81.174.xx.xx.
Thoght it was a router problem so tried a couple of reboots and even tried a different router, but exactly the same.

I have had that happen to me a couple of times BT sometimes carries out work without letting PN know about it when see a ip address different from your static one it indicates that you are not physically connected to any of PN's gateways.
Hopefully the outage won't  last too long.
Lloyd
mauler
Dabbler

Was back up and running Saturday morning and then it happened again. Since Saturday afternoon had sync of 5883kbps and it hasn't dropped once. SNR is now around 12. Gonna wait a few more days to reboot and see if I can get a better sync, but happy for now as everything is working well.
Cheers