cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service I'm afraid

catrional

Poor service I'm afraid

We transferred from bethere to PlusNet a few weeks ago, and at first it all went well. Good speed ratings!
Unfortunately last Monday the connection went dead.
We registered a call to find out the problem and hit the first excuse:
"Its a fault at the exchange - it could be 72 hours until they diagnose it"
We phoned back on Wed to find out what was happening only to be told:
"We wont do anything for 72 hours as you are not a business customer"
Still nothing on Thursday night, but on Friday morning, we got an answer.
"There was some problem with your MAC registration and BT have marked the account as closed - but dont worry, all it will take is to remove the TAGs at the exchange, which will be done in 24 hours - then PlusNet will give you a call to confirm its done"
Needless to say the weekend went by with nothing happening.
I called the Faults Line again this evening to get a new explanation:
Friendly guy, but still: "This is a funny one, its not a fault so we cant do anything at this end, asking for TAGs isnt possible, it will have to be treated as re-supply, and this will likely take 7 - 9 days. No there is nothing we can do to speed it up, as its a BT wholesale request. Someone from the sales team will phone you to confirm whats happening, within 24 hours"
I'm not holding my breath.
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Poor service I'm afraid

Hi catrional,
Sorry to hear that you've experienced these issues. I've taken a look over this and it appears that there was an issue with the MAC key that you obtained from your previous supplier.
Apologies that this wasn't picked upon sooner, to progress this we'd need you to speak with your previous supplier and obtain a new MAC key which we could then use to get your services up an running.
I can now see that you've got an order placed to get your services up and running again, let me know how you get on with this.
catrional

The saga continues with PlusNet blaming BT for cancelling our broadband in error.
On Monday afternoon we were told that a reorder had been entered in the system, and BT would send an engineer on 27th September, but this proved to be false hope.
Sadly Plusnet cannot now replace our order and get a date for our broadband to be turned back on - apparently it will be 48 hours before anything can be done.
The only consolation in this sorry story is that PlusNet are thanking us for our patience, and apologising for the incovenience.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

There has been a system issue with our suppliers that has led to this current order failing.
I will chase this up and get the new order placed for you so there's no further delays with this.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Surely the MAC is validated by the gaining ISP (on BT systems) when first used, after that validation it shouldn't have an issue?  (Though if it does it's a BT (wholesale?) issue and not down to the ISP.)
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.