cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor connection and drop out issues

tbalcombe

Poor connection and drop out issues

I've been a Plusnet customer for around two weeks, and have nothing but poor connection, slow speeds and Wifi issues. Previous to this, and with my old service provided router, I had no issues getting a connection upstairs. However, since switching to Plusnet and thie router, the upstairs signal is poor. When I do get a good connection, the wifi often drops out, and pages do not load due to timing out. The speed is poor. I was advertised at getting around 5Mbps, but I have not had anywhere near this. Having just looked at my usage stats, plusnet believe I've used over 11GB since joining in January. This I find hard to believe since my wife and I are not big internet users (and I don't think its my 5 month old!).

Any help would be much appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Poor connection and drop out issues

Hi @tbalcombe, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with our service, this certainly isn't the start we want you to have with us.

I can see that there's been a number of drops on your connection; I've tested the line but this isn't detecting any faults that could be causing this.

Please can you have a run through our troubleshooting here and connect your router into the test socket. Once completed, if the issues persist please can you raise a fault here to us (and let us know once done) so we can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
tbalcombe

Hi,

I've raised a ticket using the link you sent.

I've been having trouble again due to poor speeds and weak signal strength. Poor signal strength was never an issue with my previous router, and am disappointed with how the PlusNet router is performing. Having performed several speed tests I constantly get results of 1Mbps rather than the 5 I was advertised when buying the package. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @tbalcombe, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that you're again experiencing issues with your service.

Can you confirm whether this issue is affecting your wired Ethernet connections as well as the wireless ones, or is it solely wireless?

If wireless only, we'd recommend having a look at the below troubleshooting guides which can really help with optimising your home environments wireless connectivity:

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

Of course, please let me know if you've already tried the above.