cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Upload Speed

krakkenbus

Poor Upload Speed

Hi guys
My download speeds are fine but my speed profile seems to have my upload set to 2000kb/s.
Is this as high as it can go?
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
itsme
Grafter

Re: Poor Upload Speed

and why is 2mbps poor?
I assume that you are on fibre and currently PN is only providing 2mbps upstream speeds.
krakkenbus

Quote from: itsme
and why is 2mbps poor?
I assume that you are on fibre and currently PN is only providing 2mbps upstream speeds.

This is correct but... I've a friend on PN who literally lives a mile away and is achieving speeds of 8mbps upstream on exactly the same PN package
itsme
Grafter

Your friend had fibre when on the trial and they were provisioned on the 10mbps option. After the trial when PN offered fibre as a standard product only the 2mbps is available.
krakkenbus

He got it after the trial and more to the point after me, so that would be impossible. It must just be his speed profile that's up the left then...
jim:quote
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi krakkenbus,
We only offered 10Mbps upstream to trial members only.  We have to place an order with BT to change a line on to 10Mbps so the only way that you friend could have the 10Mbps upstream is if he/she was on the trial or if the order we placed to active them was placed incorrectly.  Obviously without being able to see that account then I can't confirm either way.