Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet

col5
Grafter

Plusnet

Oh what have I let mysef in for here ?
Just signed up for Plusnet for my son at his place as it loked good value , Am on Newnet myself A1 ISP  , Hope you guys aint as bad as the reviews I have been reading or you will get canned faster than you can say Newnet are Great .
Any feedback  that they are ok will be fine cheers .
Not messing around with a rubbish ISP for long if its the case.,
14 REPLIES 14
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Plusnet

If you've read nothing but bad reviews about PlusNet, why dd you sign up?
What is your point? Are you trying to cancel your order?
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the forum col5.
With thousands of satisfied customers more than happy to use the services of Plusnet without even joining the forum inevitably there will be an imbalance of praise versus complaints on the forum.
People do sometimes feel the need to voice their satisfaction here and it's very welcome.
I for one have no complaints with my two accounts and I'm by no means alone in that situation.
I will also point out that although I am a Moderator I am still just a customer.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
stiffnuts
Grafter

when the service is working it does what it says on the tin. Its when you have a problem that things go down hill. My service started 10 days ago, and I have had to make contact with customer services/faults at least on 5 seperate occassions (problems with my broadband). I have received nothing short of a disgrace. They dont know their bum from their elbow. Nothing but contradictory, unhelpful, and erreneous advice from 4/5 different people I spoke too.. I asked for my mac last tuesday and im still waiting!
Addnan
Grafter

Plusnet is a great ISP you can't go wrong with them. If you have a fault they will do everything to help. I left out of no fault of plusnets, if my exchange wasn't in disarray then I still woud have been with them and once fttc comes out I will probably move back to plusnet.
col5
Grafter

Cheers for the feedback  guys , Arr well got to be worth a go at £6 a month for 3 and £12.
Get what ya pay for I suppose .  Wink
col5
Grafter

If you've read nothing but bad reviews about PlusNet, why dd you sign up?
What is your point? Are you trying to cancel your order?
========
Hey just needed a cheap DSL service for my young son so I went for the cheapest  , he dont live with me.
Most problems I find are with the user on any ISP total moan , why why why as they have no idea what they are doing .
Hey he lives 100 mts  from the Exchange sure his service will be fine if I got him a couple of cans and a length  of string .  Wink
Wheel_nut
Grafter

As others have said, PlusNet provides a good value for money service. You do need to read what it says on the tin though because that is what you can expect to get.
Welcome to the forum. I hope your son enjoys the service.  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

You do need to read what it says on the tin though because that is what you can expect to get.

Just wanted to say hi on behalf of the staff here too and I hope everything goes OK with your son's account. With regards to the above quote we are open and honest so please let me know if you have any specific questions about that or anything else related to the service for that matter.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
col5
Grafter

Cheers Adam  I am sure it will be fine set the router up for the little man so I know it will work fine , checked out all the possible problems and none seem to be there , even checked out 2 and 5 wire only.
You could switch his connection to Fastpath as he does play games sometimes I think . 100mts from exchange would be rube not too.
All good fun .  Crazy

col5
Grafter

Good to know line speed has been called at 6.5 meg with the checker as so close to exchange , will soon see if all the negs on Plusnet are true or false . Shocked
budgie
Dabbler

been with PL for about 3 weeks easy to setup and no probs Smiley
mike
col5
Grafter

Well got to say support from Plusnet is spot on , all problems solved and interleaving turneded off as asked within a day free of charge  , speed is fine with connection .
Cheers guys dont know why Plusnet  gets so many bad reviews , works fine  .
Smiley
col5
Grafter

dick:green Image insertion fixed.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry for a delayed response. I'm glad to see everything appears to be satisfactory at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team