cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet would get 5 stars - if it wasn't for the haphazard speed profile stuff.

bishbashbosh

Plusnet would get 5 stars - if it wasn't for the haphazard speed profile stuff.

So, General observations are as follows. if my ADSL router syncs at a higher speed it usually takes days for the Plusnet profile to match the BT profile, if my sync speed drops then it's done within 12 hours, hence, you loose a star in my eyes as it should apply both ways and I don't feel it does.
Hopefully on the 11th of September my FTTC will be installed, after which it will be much harder to keep an eye on such things (as the modem is locked, so no routerstats can be obtained), so, between now and then I'm willing to fully test the fact that the plusnet Speed profile works in Plusnet's favour and not ours.
So, for everyone else out there, if you feel your speed is slow, just make sure your BT IP profile matches the plusnet 'line speed'. If it doesn't and the Plusnet's speed profile is slower than the BT profile, raise a ticket so that they sort it. Maybe in future they'll make the system work fairly in both directions, or make it update as soon as the BT system does.
Thanks.
Nick.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet would get 5 stars - if it wasn't for the haphazard speed profile stuff.

Hi Nick,
Thanks a lot for the feedback. We're working on improving some of the issues with speed profiles so we hope to be able to provide you with a service where that updates in a more timely fashion in the future.
In the meantime fee free to post if you need the odd profile adjustment.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
flaminmoses
Grafter

Re: Plusnet would get 5 stars - if it wasn't for the haphazard speed profile stuff.

would get 2 stars here if gameing was good ....4 or 5 if it was consistently good and im on fibre