Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet using Phorm?

mgillespie
Grafter

Plusnet using Phorm?

Just got this when I visited a webpage.
YOUR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN BLOCKED
Access to this website has been blocked because your ISP is one known to be using Webwise.
To restore full access to this site, please move to a Phorm-free Internet Service Provider.

I was under the impression Plusnet were NOT using Phorm.  Who is right???
http://slated.org/microsoft_kills_baby
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet using Phorm?

I am.  We're not using Phorm and never have.
Some websites have us blocked as being part of BT.  You may wish to inform them that whilst we are owned by BT, we have taken no part in the Phorm trials.
Here's a similar thread:
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/freenetname/f/3644514-web-site-access-blocked.html
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

No PN do not use Phorm, in fact no ISP is currently using it - BT trialled it for a time.
However PN might be identified as using an IP address range as BT which is why you were blocked.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I'd imagine so .. I'm not using a PlusNet or BT connection and I got through.
But only after having a snotty message informing me I should be viewing it through Firefox, not Internet Explorer.
On FireFox I got the article - but as it is late now, I couldn't be bothered to read it Smiley
You have to ask yourself though, that an administrator so arrogant enough to block their site on IP ranges (who might use Phorm in the future) and on browsers they don't like, is a site worth bothering with?
Personally I don't think you're missing much.