cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet: using Chrome and DNS problem

yblumann

Plusnet: using Chrome and DNS problem

as of late, I have problems using chrome- 'unable to access the net' listing a problem with the DNS.
I googled the web and amended the DNSs a suggested by Microsoft [I use WIN7], but the problem persists.
is there anything I can do to from the router side?  tks
2 REPLIES 2
robertjohn
Grafter

Re: Plusnet: using Chrome and DNS problem

I installed Chrome in August 2013 because Reliability Monitor on my Windows 8 PC kept throwing up critical events for Internet Explorer 10 that I was using at the time.  All was well until February 2014.  Plusnet supplied a new router when fibre became available to me. Frustration set in when so many web sites suddenly were unable to be opened.  I researched alternative browsers.  Comodo Dragon received good reviews.  Helpfully, it is based on Chromium, which pleased me because I liked the simple Chrome interface.  I installed it in place of Chrome.  Things immediately improved.  I do not know whether events were connected or coincidental; this was my experience.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet: using Chrome and DNS problem

I use Chrome and have noticed recently that some pages take a while to open and have been wondering if some update or something somewhere along the line has caused a problem.