cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet unlimited speeds

teddman
Grafter

Plusnet unlimited speeds

Was a very happy customer of plusnets for 2 years or so now and recently changed over to the plusnet unlimited package as I'm a gamer and have a family that uses a lot of bandwidth. After a few weeks iv noticed my speed was slow so ran multiple speed tests. They showed a speed of 5.01mbs with an upload of 1mbs. I should note that previously for all the time iv been with plusnet iv been getting a consistent speed of 13-14.5mbs and my line is capable of upto 18 which I was more than happy with as it met my needs. But having my speed drop by almost 2/3 is annoying. I have since raised a fault and done more line checks and it seems like my speed has been capped? Does the unlimited package have a capped speed? I'm worried that I'm now going to be stuck on a contract for 12months and not be happy.
Any help appreciated
Mike
2 REPLIES 2
x47c
Grafter

Re: Plusnet unlimited speeds

No, on ADSL the plusnet packages do not have a capped speed (it's different on fibre/FTTC)
Normally the line will run at whatever max stable speed that it is capable of.
It seems you have a fault on your line.
It is quite possible that the DLM system (Dynamic line management) at your local exchange controlling your broadband supply has capped your speed on the line due to the fault/disconnections whatever that are occuring on your line.
In simple terms the electronic system is confused as to what on earth is happening on your line so rather than keep up with the ever changing conditions it has said sod it and simply capped the line at a max speed.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Plusnet unlimited speeds

Hi teddman,
I'm really sorry to hear that you're suffering with lower than normal broadband speeds.
I've just taken a look at your line and can see that your line was 'banded'. This happens when your line has been dropping, as x47c has stated above. I've removed the banding and nudged your speed profile on our end. In light of this, I've left your fault ticket with our Faults Team to have another look over your line just to check to see if there are any reasons as to why the banding was applied in the first place.
Our Faults Team will be in touch once they have fully tested the line and have further information for you. Please let me know if there is anything further I can help with.