cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet speed?

peedoffsmee
Dabbler

Plusnet speed?

Speed - that infers a fast connection. This Sunday at almost 5 minutes to three O' clock I got 0.1 mbs on a Plunet broadband connection. Plusnet gets a minus score from me.
I'm definitely moving in September if I can find a better deal - but what could be worse than the one I have from  Plus(?)net at the moment.
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Plusnet speed?

If you move you need to move to an ISP that install their own equipment in your telephone exchange.  Otherwise you can pretty much guarantee that you won't be any better off.  Even then your speed problem might well be down to something other than the equipment in the telephone exchange, in which case changing ISP isn't going to make any difference and you'll still be stuck with minimal speed.   
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I wonder I should feel the same as peedoffsmee I've recently had a fault cleared by PN I was down to 300Kbps and now am up to 1.5Mbps. Should I be pleased?
I am at the end of the line in a country area but I hear others on this forum who have put up with low speed for years and just by posting on the forum something is done.  He/she who shouts loudest gets the best service!
It encourages others to do the same  Undecided
peedoffsmee did you decide on your nickname when you joined? had you decided to be pissed off from day one?  Shocked
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: PeterLoftus
.... just by posting on the forum something is done. 

I think you'll find that getting something done is an interactive process.  You usually have to connect your router to the test socket, run tests report results etc. in order to provide Plusnet with the information they need to identify the likely cause of the fault and take action.  The main advantage of posting to the forum is that it is manned by some top-notch Plusnet technical support people and frequented by some very well-informed Plusnet customers so you can get the benefit of a huge amount of experience.  If you read the forum carefully you will see that is how it works. 
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

I don't want to hijack this thread for my own problem
I think I will start a new thread then  Tongue
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Smee,
I can see you raised a fault back in November but didn't pursue this beyond testing, is there any chance you'd be willing to raise another so we can investigate this for you?