cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet routers and Samsung Galaxy wifi reception

franzipan

Plusnet routers and Samsung Galaxy wifi reception

I'm probably being daft but, if I use my Windows 7 laptop I can connect to the Plusnet wifi but, when using either my Galaxy S2 or my wife's S3 mobiles we cannot connect. We are able to connect to wifi elsewhere; just not via this router.  We can see the router, the wifi name shows up, but we cannot seem to get the password/authentication accepted.  Any thoughts? Not sure if our Asus tablet works on it - could it be an Android/Plusnet issue?
Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet routers and Samsung Galaxy wifi reception

I didn't have any problem setting mine up (my wife's actually) so it is unlikely to be a router problem
This may help http://community.plus.net/library/networking/controlling-wireless-access-on-the-tg582n/ and the wireless network key which is what you use is as given on the plastic card which came with the router and is also on the label underneath the router
franzipan

Is your wife's an android device? I just noticed none of the setup guides are for android but I imagine android is still ok for Plusnet.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_connect.shtml
Wondering if I've been a plonker and tried putting the Pin in instead of the WPA PSK. Will double check - though I'm fairly sure I put the right key in.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is a Samsung Tablet so yes Android and also there are several Android phones connected as well
Make sure that you have new devices accepted automatically as per the link I gave
This is what mine looks like
franzipan

Brilliant. I'll give this a go and appreciate your help!