Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet outage 29/08 - not just Plus? and Static IP change

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet outage 29/08 - not just Plus? and Static IP change

Quote from: beskar
b) have reset my router multiple times, but still no internet via Plus. Noticed that my supposedly longtime static IP address (business acct) has now changed also - wondering if maybe due to outage?

Resetting the router (or modem/router) (as opposed to rebooting) will not have helped an often makes things worse as whilst you are only getting as far as BT Radius servers you can pick up incorrect DNS and often only another reset will get rid of that unless you are technically adept at changing these things in the router yourself.
Samdl2

How can we did if the network is all up and running ok if message says most people back on but some still having problems. I'm still off no idea what if anything else I should try as I followed previous advice but now being told I did it in the wrong order, how am I supposed to know? 
Think there should be a guide of what to do and a link put to the correct procedure whenever there is an outage. Just expecting people to sit around and do nothing all afternoon in this techno age is unrealistic. So people have more knowledge than others but there is conflicting advice on forums and just a 'we're working on it' message on status page, not good enough plusnet.
I'm now going to try a Hail Mary and plug in a replacement router and if that doesn't work I'll pour a large glass of something and go and read a book Sad
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Until the network is fixed/rerouted you can do nothing except read a good book or whatever, the large glass is a good idea.
Did you see my reply #14
dfunked
Grafter

My T-Mobile internet connection went down at the same time (and is still a bit ropey today). Definitely more than coincidence I'd say!
Funnily enough I ended up using an o2 phone for tethering too without any problems
beskar
Grafter

Hi Anotherone - thanks for useful info (reply #14) - have pinned up for next outage....