cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet line speed slow to track BT bras profile speed

gyre
Grafter

Plusnet line speed slow to track BT bras profile speed

I've noticed this a few times... but the 'current line speed' reported by https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate can lag what is actually reported by the BT speedtester by more than a day.
In my case, as I fiddle with various router settings, I periodically get a low speed sync event.  It's annoying enough that the BT bras profile drops quickly, but even more annoying that when it does go back up, it could take 1-2 more days before the plusnet profile follows.  By that time I might have another low sync event.  In practice, due to the 2 sets of profiles and the delays involved, I rarely see the faster line speed.
Is there a recommended way of 'nudging' the plusnet profile to get it in sync with BT's?  Could I ask for a nice fat button to press somewhere? Smiley
-- gyre --
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet line speed slow to track BT bras profile speed

The only way to do it is for us to manually check, there's no big red button I'm afraid 😕
P.S. I bumped your profile from 1500 to 2000 to match the exchange
gyre
Grafter

Aaargh, I hate to bug you guys over something so trivial.  Smiley
Thanks Ben!
-- gyre --
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We periodically receive Delta reports which give us the profile updates but by their very nature we will lag behind the exchange somewhat and then there's a further delay before we kick your connection to allow the new profile to take effect.
Occasionally we don't receive a Delta report which is the only time when we would need to move a profile manually.