Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet helpfull or not?

farley1981
Dabbler

Plusnet helpfull or not?

Hey all,
I have had plusnet broadband and phone put on, but the service i have had with them has not been so great Sad
I was told my phone line would be turned on Wednesday the 5th they told me it was but i had no dialing tone BT then came out and sorted the problem up the road somewhere and now i have a crossed line with next door Sad
I'm getting all there phone calls billed to me, i have told Plusnet about this they said they are looking into this matter but a few days down the line i have still heard nothing.
My broadband was due to be turned on from thursday the 13th but infact it was turned on the 9th good for me cos i got it early Smiley but no one seams to know it has been turned on lol.
I asked for interleving to be turned off and all i got was your broadband has not been turned on yet lol.  I mean come one are they really this stupid.
I have heard good things about this company thats why i went with plusnet, has anyone else had a problem like this before?
Also if any members of plusnet read these froums can you please sort this out for me.
Thanks
Robert
5 REPLIES 5
r3fl3x
Grafter

Re: Plusnet helpfull or not?

Answering the broader 'Are PlusNet helpful or not' I'd have to say yes. Very much so. The support I've got off them (been with them for over a month now) has been fantastic. Better than any other UK ISP I've had or even worked for. Especially the forum support and the faults team.
In terms of interleaving - I don't think they / anyone would turn that off until you've had your 10 day line training period anyway...

itsme
Grafter

Quote from: farley1981
Hey all,
I was told my phone line would be turned on Wednesday the 5th they told me it was but i had no dialing tone BT then came out and sorted the problem up the road somewhere and now i have a crossed line with next door Sad
My broadband was due to be turned on from thursday the 13th but infact it was turned on the 9th good for me cos i got it early Smiley but no one seams to know it has been turned on lol

If your phone is crossed so will the broadband.If you are receiving your neighbours calls you will be on your neighbours broadband.
farley1981
Dabbler

I had a call from BT and they said the line has not been crossed its down to Plusnet its a billing problem, but getting them to see that is another matter.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When someone dials your number, who's phone rings - yours or next door?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
itsme
Grafter

Dial 17070 which number is given? If your number is with hold dial 147017070.