Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet fibre broadband and Asus DSL-N66U modem/router

FIXED
iainab99
Fixes: 1

Plusnet fibre broadband and Asus DSL-N66U modem/router

I've read various posts seeking to address how to configure the above but can't solve my issues.

I'm connecting direct to the BT master socket and DSL and wifi are properly configured and work ok.

Unfortunately I can't get the WAN settings to configure so at present I can't access the internet.

Has anybody got the definitive settings/config?

The reason for trying this router is the pre-supplied kit regularly drops the line which is a bit of a pain. Of course I can buy a new Plusnet device but I've got this kit already and it's highly rated generally so would like to use.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet fibre broadband and Asus DSL-N66U modem/router

Hi there,

You should be able to find the basic connection settings you need here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
iainab99

Fix

https://community.plus.net/aptgm87544/attachments/aptgm87544/Fibre/4782/1/DSL-N66U%20WAN%20settings....

I've answered my own question and resolved fibre internet set up with the ASUS DSL-N66U. The above settings as previously posted by another user work ok. Initially I'd not captured the MAC address settings which are necessary to operate ok. It may take a minute or two once DSL is stabilised for the internet to be found but once it is all seems ok. 

The suggested settings as indicated by the plusnet website are simply inadequate/incomplete to successfully configure the ASUS kit.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

You should be able to find the basic connection settings you need here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

However, the settings for Fibre don't mention a password. You still need the password as described in the settings for ADSL.

Initially I'd not captured the MAC address settings which are necessary to operate ok

The MAC settings aren't required, it's more likely that getting the username/password setting right is what made it work.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

baggat

Hi I have the exact same modem/router trying to connect to plusnet fibre (changed over this Tuesday) but unfortunately it won't pick up the vdsl connection at all - light just keeps blinking.  Openreach have been out and checked the connections today and the connection to the house is all ok indicating the router is the issue.  Did you have any problems with this part of the setup at all? If so how did you fix it - I'd rather not buy another router!

iainab99

Are you connecting directly from the BT master socket and plugging in the the dsl cable directly to the ASUS modem? If the BT connections are fine and the ASUS modem is ok then the DSL indicator on the modem will light constantly. I was supplied as standard a BT modem and a Ethernet connected separate router. I couldn't get the ASUS to connect with Ethernet so just went the modem/router route. Once up the kit is good and much more reliable than the basic BT supplied kit.

If you get to the solid DSL light on status I can talk through the rest of the set up.

Check that the DSL cable clicks in place both at the master socket and on the modem. Obvious I know but they can work loose especially if snagged against something.