Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet failing to get my service up and running

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet failing to get my service up and running

They'll try to call the number on the account and if we have a mobile number on there they'll contact by SMS too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Thanks
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Still no word from anyone, can you/anyone give me a heads up on the latest?  I've been on Skype Out for a few hours trying to make sure all the modem and internet settings on the computer are correct. They are. Had some great support from some of the community members in getting that bit sorted out.
THe DSL light was a solid green for a while but has now gone back to being off/flashing?
Some of my rellies will visit tomorrow and try with a different modem from a different phone socket, see if that makes any differece as well.
That's almost three weeks and no broadband yet. I'll be back in Scotland in two weeks but would hope to have it sorted by then.
Chris
Legend

I'm speaking to one of my colleagues about this now for you.
Some of my rellies will visit tomorrow and try with a different modem from a different phone socket

This would be similar to the next test we tried, apart from you should be using the master socket at the moment and that's the one I'd suggest continuing to use.
Once you've tested with the different modem if you can let us know the results of it we can get the fault straight back to BT.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Okay will do.
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Chris we've tried everything possible in terms of different cables,sockets, microfilters,computers; unplugged everything else in the house as well.
Everything that  CS Agent name removed suggested.
We're getting on for a whole month without having had any broadband.
It's plugged is plugged in and has been left on as well.
What's next?
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Removed CS agent name as per the link:rules]
Chris
Legend

I've updated the fault ticket with the comments you've provided above, the fault is with BT for testing. It's likely that they may request an engineer visit but our faults team will let you know if that's needed.
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Okay will wait and see what happens.
MornaMunro
Dabbler

We have been told an Engineer is going to visit/check the line tomorrow the 16th. Hopefully after that we'll be able to determine where the fault is and get this service started.
Sorry about putting someones name on the post earlier (didn't read all the forum rules!!)
Chris
Legend

Hopefully the engineer should be able to pin down where the fault is and get this corrected for you. Let us know how it goes by replying to the ticket on your account.
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Will do!
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Engineer has been and fixed the line, he said that there was no way we would have received broadband without doing whatever he did. He'll send a report. Looks like the internet is now working we'll give you and update as it goes. Hopefully that'll be that but as i said I'll let you know again later in the week if it is all going okay. THank you for all the support!! You certainly live up to your reputation. Well done to all the support team!
Chris
Legend

Great news. Thanks for telling us it's working now.
MornaMunro
Dabbler

Cheesy Hoorah, that's been almost 5 days since the engineer visited and everything has been working fine. Thanks again for all the support and help everyone.