Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet connection at a second home

FIXED
Sadwrn
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Plusnet connection at a second home

I want to set up a new internet connection, using plusnet, at another house. Would I also be able to use my existing email address at the new place?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Plusnet connection at a second home

There's nothing stopping you from logging into your home 1 email account and sending or receiving emails from anywhere you like, including home 2, so yes. However if you effectively want two Plusnet accounts with the same user name then I suspect that this may not be allowed, but why would you want to do that?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Sadwrn
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Thanks for that, Baldrick1

What exactly I want to do, is to set up a new account at the second house, a few weeks before we move into it, when we move out of our old home.

It looks like we won't be able to do that, if we want to keep our existing user-name.

i was just hoping that we would be able to have internet access without a break.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fix

@Sadwrn You can do what you want.

Open a new account at the new house, and continue to use the existing account for email from there as @Baldrick1  says.

When the time comes to close the old account, request that it is converted to an email only account ( currently free ). You will then continue to have access to the old account for email.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.