cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet an utter disgrace, worst 'service' ever, they don't fix anything, just change the title post

jamessc
Rising Star

Plusnet an utter disgrace, worst 'service' ever, they don't fix anything, just change the title post

Service has been abominable for over a week now, cannot stream or play any online feature without ridiculous buffering, can't get through to anyone at plusnet who's customer 'service' is as bad as any company in the uk, utterly disgraceful and completely worthless.

Everyone needs to understand just how bad the 'service' is from Plusnet, these guys are an abomination.

I posted about this a week ago, they've done nothing, except for a 'moderator' having the unmitigated gaul to change the title of the topic to remove any mention of the problem, which is PLUSNET and their DISGRACEFUL excuse for service

10 REPLIES 10
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet an utter disgrace, worst 'service' ever, they don't fix anything, just change the title

You were answered by a staff member https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Absolutely-the-worst-excuse-for-customer-service-in-U... which asked you to run a BT Speedtest as there wasn't any obvious problem but you didn't reply nor advise whether you are testing wired or wireless

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Plusnet an utter disgrace, worst 'service' ever, they don't fix anything, just change the title

There are three distinct topics in your name dating back to March 2017, none of which describe your problem, all of which repeat the same invective. I can see no post indicating that the mods had touched the title - all moderator actions are declared on posts for transparency.

The last topic had questions asked of you and guidance offered to you, to which you did not respond to.

So let's start again - can you please follow the poor speeds guidance as per the link below? Have you raised a fault report? Are you connected over wifi or Ethernet when you see the issues?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

I find it amazing that someone who has had as many issues as @jamessc claims to have experienced is still using the same service provider some 4 years on, as the one that has allegedly been the cause of all of their problems.

Personally I would have valued my time far more highly, saved all the hours complaining and berating the company, and gone elsewhere. No doubt in moving to experience much the same issues elsewhere.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hmm!  20 complaining posts, but no detail of quite what the problem is - Impossible for the Community to help.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@agedgopher,

It's not 4 years - that was a typo error on my part. He's been disgruntled around here since March 2017 but there's been no hint of the issue nor a response to requests for information or self help instructions.

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@Townman Thanks for the correction.

@jamessc Apologies for my response to information that was incorrect.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

If you can complete the tests on the thread linked by we'll be able to investigate your speed issue further.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamessc
Rising Star

I've been away for a few days and will check when I get back, I lost the link when others replied to the thread and it moved on.

It's comical that those commenting fail to grasp that the very fact the only way to get any assistance is to make desperate attempts on forums rather than actually have a functioning fault service from the suppliers thoroughly demonstrates the problem.

Unlike some, I don't have time to sit around commenting on random threads, some even having the unmitigated gaul to try and defend the indefensible (some of those, obvious corporate shills unwittingly proving the initial point)

Plusnet customer 'service' is an absolute disgrace, a very poor joke, particularly considering the absurd catchline of their dubious advertising campaign. 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You may find a change in attitude would be more beneficial to you. If you are short on time then spend it following the advice offered in this and your previous topics, rather than persisting with the rhetoric. That way you might find a resolution to your problems.

Think yourself blessed that other customers do give so freely of their time to assist customers - such as you - looking for help .... even those who can't be bothered to clearly articulate their problem.

There are a lot of routes to support, but you need to engage with one of them and stop throwing rocks into the pond. There is a process to be followed, the prime purpose of which is to eliminate a raft of known issues which can cause speed (etc) issues for which the customer is responsible, which if BT Openreach were called out to would result in a substantial charge to you.

You have choices - engage with people who are offering help or keep venting and make no progress. You decide.