cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Value

misha
Dabbler

Plusnet Value

I am on Plusnet Broadband Your Way Option 1 cost £9.75 pcm, the Plusnet Value at £5.99 sounds like it would suit my needs as well as being cheaper.
I understand its a 12 month contract is anyone out their using the Value product ? Any problems with it including changeing to the new product?
12 REPLIES 12
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Value

First and most important it isn't a 12 month contract - 10 days notice only
Second - I did that change - I haven't noticed any problems or differences and I kept my free webspace as well
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I trust you've checked that you are on a Market 3 exchange - if not the price goes up after three months.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jazz
Grafter

I moved from BBYW1 to Value 8 months ago and have not noticed any difference - except the lower bills!!! Cheesy
misha
Dabbler

Cheers for the responses, yes I am in the lower market range so price wont increase, so will be going ahead with swop to Plusnet Value. Smiley
misha
Dabbler

Here we go !!!! signed up to Plusnet Value yesterday checked my account details and it says I have signed up to my previous option which was The Broadband Your Way Option 1 had to send a ticket to see whats happening, nothing is straight forward anymore eh ? Did it all on line and got it confirmed so it should have changed no problem. Embarrassed
Oldjim
Resting Legend

the change will happen on your next billing date
misha
Dabbler

Hope so , thanks for replying you must live on here !!!!!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Nah! it's just stopping raining
Mand
Grafter

Re:Plusnet Value

Hi there,
Your account is scheduled to change on Thursday.
LittleReggie
Grafter

i'm thinking about the possibility of switching to "value" too, if my discounted current package should happen to revert to normal price in the next month or so.
2 questions though:
1. presumably i would keep my current referral discounts?
2. does vpn work at all? the blurb says value isnt suitable for vpn (only 512k download speed), but would this be good enough to vnc onto my office computer from home?
thanks.
paulby
Grafter

1. presumably i would keep my current referral discounts?

Yes!!
2. does vpn work at all? the blurb says value isnt suitable for vpn (only 512k download speed), but would this be good enough to vnc onto my office computer from home?

VPN works fine - only thing to remember is that opening large files may be a bit slow because of the speed restriction but Outlook etc. works OK. 
My wife regularly works from home and VPNs into the office and we were on the Value package for a few months.  We've moved to Pro now but that had nothing to do with the VPN performance!
LittleReggie
Grafter

thanks for that!  Smiley