Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Value Usage Allowance Maximum Limit

James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Value Usage Allowance Maximum Limit

Hiya,
The usage will be added automatically up to the point where you reach your spending cap.
You won't be cut off at all, although we will stop your data transfer once you reach your price limit.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

I'm not sure if that really answered the question posed.
I THINK the question was really:-
Given that we know that at least some part of the system doesnt understand that the basic price in a market 3 area is actually £5.99 and not £11.99.
Can we be sure that the data transfer watch system understands that the basic price is £5.99 and that when you get to 10Gb with a £11.99 spending cap it will allow additional usage up to 16GB ?
NB. If that's what you meant James then I apologise in advance for requesting confirmation.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Sorry Smiley
If you set a data transfer watch at £11.99, it won't restrict you at 10GB.
It will keep adding usage until you get to 18GB.
theharveyfamily
Grafter

As Subscription cost for Plusnet Value on Market 3 Exchanges is £5.99 - I'd quite like to be able to cap my spending to £5.99 (should I wish to) or £7.99.
But as the "Data Transfer watch" page insists (incorrectly) that my Subscription cost is  £11.99 I am unable to cap at these values.
However this :-
Can we be sure that the data transfer watch system understands that the basic price is £5.99 and that when you get to 10Gb with a £11.99 spending cap it will allow additional usage up to 16GB ?
Is something I hadn't thought of.
When I set the £11.99 cap the system stated that this was for 10Gb & I SHOULD get 16Gb for £11.99.
So that's two unanswered questions.
As for "You won't be cut off at all, although we will stop your data transfer once you reach your price limit."
They amount to the same thing don't they ?
What's the point of a broadband connection that you can't transfer data through ?
James
Grafter

Is something I hadn't thought of.

No, it does understand the logic.
When I set the £11.99 cap the system stated that this was for 10Gb & I SHOULD get 16Gb for £11.99.

As silly as it sounds, that is just a presentation error.
theharveyfamily
Grafter

As Subscription cost for Plusnet Value on Market 3 Exchanges is £5.99 - I'd quite like to be able to cap my spending to £5.99 (should I wish to) or £7.99.

What about this ?
James
Grafter

It can't be done yet I'm afraid.
We do have a case open to get it fixed though Sad
theharveyfamily
Grafter

So I get 10GB for £5.99 & can cap at 16GB for £11.99 (even thought is states 10GB).
& then I won't get cut off but can't transfer any data (Unless I suffer from insomnia)  Wink
Quote from: Jameseh
It can't be done yet I'm afraid.
We do have a case open to get it fixed though Sad

Will I be informed when it's been fixed so I can lower my limit ?
theharveyfamily
Grafter

It's been fixed  Smiley
I wasn't informed  Angry
I've lowered my limit  Wink