cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Unlimited - Throttled due to high usage?

swedelong
Grafter

Plusnet Unlimited - Throttled due to high usage?

I have been on the unlimited package since it came out.
I have bought a new computer recently and thus have downloaded all my Steam games in the last week or so. This has meant a LOT of usage. But hey! That's what I pay the (recently inflated!) unlimited(?) tarriff for.
Well... I have noticed over the last few nights that I am slowly being throttled back. I am currently getting around 70kbs at the hours between 6pm and 9pm....it's impossible to stream any iplayer or youtube like this!
My question is this... Is the unlimited package really unlimited? Or am I being stung for high usage. If I am being stung, why has nobody informed me of this policy. Why can I find no information about such a policy.
When I returned from a 2 week break with my new computer, I was getting DL speeds of 2-4Mb at peak times and 8Mb after about 11pm. (8Mb is my max).
Are unlimited customers being 'squeezed' out?
Very, very frustrating.
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet Unlimited - Throttled due to high usage?

Hi swedelong,
There's definitely no usage restrictions on Unlimited. Have a look at our slow speed troubleshooting guide and choose the option 'The Download Speed is too low' for some tips.
Jojo Smiley
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: Plusnet Unlimited - Throttled due to high usage?

The only noticeable slow downs I have seen have been alleviated by switching gateways. (i.e. use the router to log off/on to pn no need to reboot it)