Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Premium or Plusnet Unlimited

will2012
Grafter

Plusnet Premium or Plusnet Unlimited

Hi,
I am currently on Plusnet premium at £19.99 per month, 120gb usage. Is it correct I can get Plusnet Unlimited for £19.49 per month, with unlimited usage?
This information is from the change products area of the members site.
I am waiting for a reply back from Plusnet support, but I think they're very busy at the moment. I thougt I'd check details with them before going with it.
23 REPLIES 23
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Plusnet Premium or Plusnet Unlimited

Just click on  "change my product"  & follow the bouncing ball. The cost is £19.99 per month for unlimited. I've just upgraded foc from my Fibre 250 Gb limit & it will be live from the start of my next biiling date, 30 Dec.  Smiley
Estragon
Rising Star

I haven't looked in the change products for my account, but that doesn't sound right to me. Either it is wrong, or this is:-
Plusnet Essentials: If you live in a low cost area it costs £5.99 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £12.99 a month.
Plusnet Unlimited: If you live in a low cost area it costs £9.99 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £16.99 a month.
Plusnet Essentials Fibre: If you live in a low cost area it costs £15.99 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £22.99 a month.
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre: If you live in a low cost area it costs £19.99 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £26.99 a month.
The "unlimited" is definitely unlimited though. No FUP, no nothing.  Eat all you can.
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: tijara33
The cost is £19.99 per month for unlimited.
But you are fibre.  I think the OP is on ADSLx.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Reference http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5630-plusnet-in-push-to-join-the-six-providers.html
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Estragon
Rising Star

@will2012
I see what it is - you are looking at the no contract option. By the sound of it you are a happy PN customer, so aren't you willing to commit to a 12-month minimum term to get the £16.99?
Estragon
Rising Star

Yes strat :).  You beat me to it. Or at least, posted before I'd typed it up.
will2012
Grafter

Hi, yes I am ADSL2+, sorry I should have said.
I am Market 1 at the moment, but it is actually a market 2 exchange, but Ofcom have not made the necessary changes yet.
It could be £16.99 then for me then? I had better wait to hear from someone at Plusnet to make sure I haven't missed anything. Hopefully they will come back soon, then I can get on an order it. I am fed-up of looking at usage.
Give it a few months and I bet Plusnet speeds will grind to a standstill under the weight of all these unlimited packages being test-driven!
will2012
Grafter

Quote from: Estragon
@will2012
I see what it is - you are looking at the no contract option. By the sound of it you are a happy PN customer, so aren't you willing to commit to a 12-month minimum term to get the £16.99?

Yes! Thats it. Sorry I didnt realise you were looking at the contract one. Not if I can help it. I would rather pay the little bit more - I used to be a BT customer, and so dont like contracts.
will2012
Grafter

A guy from Plusnet just called. It is £0.50 cheaper than the premium, with no contract, and truly unlimited downloads rather than 120gb limit, so I would have to be daft not to upgrade!
Estragon
Rising Star

OfCom will not be changing any Market Classifications until at least March 2014 :(.
Estragon
Rising Star

Broadband Early Termination Charges
Contracted Plusnet Broadband services are subject to a minimum period of 12 months. The following monthly early termination charges apply for customers choosing to end their Plusnet Broadband service within the 12 month minimum period.
Table 6
Monthly Early Termination Charge
Plusnet Essentials £4.25
Plusnet Unlimited £5.50
Instead of the full monthly payment.  Your money though  :P.
will2012
Grafter

Well, I'll give it some thought. I did not realise the termination charges were so low. The guy on the phone said I could go to the contracted one any time. I probably will, as I am happy with them up to now.
Quote from: Estragon
OfCom will not be changing any Market Classifications until at least March 2014 :(.

[Censored]. I did email Ofcom to find out when they would review -once I'd managed to find an email address- but surprise, surprise, no response yet. Oh well. Where did you find that out?
dick:quote
Estragon
Rising Star

will2012
Grafter

Thanks