cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Hub One Remote Wake on Lan

gamedesign

Plusnet Hub One Remote Wake on Lan

Hi All

I am struggling to get my PC to boot from an external source using WOL.

Everything works fine when sending magic packets internally within my network, so I know there is nothing wrong my PC setup. I can boot it up fine from a WOL iOS app.

I have been using this tool to try and get it to boot up https://www.depicus.com/wake-on-lan/woli.

When the PC is already on I can see the packets arriving perfectly fine through port 9 which I have setup port forwarding for. This works fine when the PC is on and using a specific IP address. But when the PC is off, nothing happens and the PC does not boot.

Any ideas would be really appreciated Smiley

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plusnet Hub One Remote Wake on Lan

@gamedesign - In order to do this you need a router that is capable of port forwarding to the broadcast address, but as I don't use this device I can't tell you myself, but I suspect that someone else can and will.

gamedesign

Yeah I think that's the problem, this router won't let me do that. Thanks for posting a reply Smiley

Rsebrie
Grafter

Stupid question, but a simple one.

WoL is enabled in your BIOS.

And did you get it working. It usually also requires a driver such as the Intel Management Interface thingy too. I gave up on trying to use WoL, and just leave my PC on 24/7 as I use it as a website host.

gamedesign

Yeah it is. I got it working from inside my network fine, just not from an external source. I think the plusnet hub one stops wol working from outside the network
Rsebrie
Grafter

Well my friend, you've already done better than I. I'm currently trying to access Crackle via my VPN ProXPN and am having no joy.

To get wake on lan working for me, I have to install the pre install driver from intel before installing Windows, then enable it in the bios, then install the management component engine from intel again in Windows. But that's as far as I can get. I install the app on my iOS device and also install the app on my pc from my motherboard manufacturer, Cross fingers whilst sending my magic package of into cyberspace. Where it goes, I don't know... I just know it's not to my pc

So well done again getting it working at least at home.

its on my list of things todo, but like my VPN, it's getting nowhere fast.

I currently can control my lights inside, but outside, nope. So that's another thing to do.

Thanks though, I won't go on.

Hope you get it to work, and then share how

Kind Regards

Richard