Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet FTTC service interruptions

trymyluck
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet FTTC service interruptions

This is my 7th day on FTTC Broadband. Yesterday and today the service has been frequently being interrupted and a message from BT Wholesale appears each time. To restore the service I have to shut off my browser and wireless connection and then re-connect. Is this to be expected within the 10 day setting up period or is this a system or other fault to be identified.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet FTTC service interruptions

Sounds like a fault
lawsofphysics
Dabbler

It might be this DNS issue which I've been having a lot of myself over the last week. Resolved using the link below:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103620.0.html
trymyluck
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I followed 'lawofphysics' link to arrive at the suggestion by 'jazz' to use the plusnet DNS. Having no idea what DNS meant or where to find it I had to do a bit of searching with Google but finally got there. However, I am a little uneasy about the whole business and would like someone to explain how or why the problem arose. I should perhaps emphasise that the problem started 5 days after leaving Virgin fibre broadband and going over to Plusnet FTTC. It affected both my own laptop, which has a wireless connection, and my wife's PC which is connected to the modem by wire. Was the problem (if it is in the past) a malfunction of the Plusnet Router, or the Openreach Mode ? Someone said it occurred after a Google update. If it is none of these can anyone shed light on this matter. I have set the DNS to 212.159.13.49 and to 212.159.13.50 as the alternative. NSlookup identifies 212.159.13.49 as plus.net. If the problem arises again my wife will be wanting to know why we changed from Virgin Media which was working well enough. Please, someone, give me some reassurance. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

However, I am a little uneasy about the whole business and would like someone to explain how or why the problem arose

Understandably, this happened most likely due to our network being out of balance following some issues on Friday: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1333126878.htm
The most important thing to bear in mind for your own reassurance is now that you've changed the DNS settigns you won't need to again and there should now be no reason for you to experience the same issue.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team