cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Broadband WiFi works on tv but not on phones

C0N1

Plusnet Broadband WiFi works on tv but not on phones

Hi,

I am able to connect my tv and PlayStation and the internet connection is reliable and works well for streaming etc.

However our phones literally just do not work. We can’t use Facebook or google or snapchat because literally nothing loads. This has been going on since recently after I got the broadband and we end up having to use our mobile data instead which why bother paying for broadband if we can’t even use it for what we want!

I have tried disconnecting and looking to see if there is an option for 2.4Hz or 5Hz but there is literally just one option.

I have just done a internet speed test on my phone, 0.24Mbps download, 4.06Mbps upload. I believe my contract stated somewhere around a minimum of 29mbps download which I did get 6 months ago when my contract started but for months now it has been completely useless!
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Plusnet Broadband WiFi works on tv but not on phones

Have you split the WiFi bands to see if that helps?

Navigate in a web browser to 192.168.1.254.

Click Advanced Settings

Enter your Hub admin password when prompted (unless you've changed it, you'll find the default password on the settings card)
Continue to Advanced Settings.
Click on Wireless.
Click 5GHz tab.
Change 'Sync with 2.4Ghz' to No.
Change the name of the 'Wireless SSID' - I added a '_5' on the end.
Save the changes.

You can then select which one you want per device.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
C0N1

Re: Plusnet Broadband WiFi works on tv but not on phones

I have done that and put my phone on to the new 5Hz one and so far so good! Fingers crossed it stays this way. After months of being annoyed with it I’m wondering why I didn’t ask on here sooner! Thank you!!