Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 2704n - Remote Management Access

GaryWilliams
Grafter

Plusnet 2704n - Remote Management Access

Hi,
I have my new Plusnet 2704n up and running OK.  Only problem I have is that I cannot find where to setup the Remote Management Access.  Where is it hiding?
Cheers
Gary
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet 2704n - Remote Management Access

Hi there,
Sorry to disappoint but it's not possible.
Let us know what you were trying to achieve and we'll see if there's another way we can recommend.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It a very "locked-down" (in many respects) firmware that's been put on there. Login as http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html and that will give you a few extra things you can get to.
Have a read of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135846.0.html on the Hardware board. There a few other threads on that board as well with a few problems and one or two solutions.
There are some threads on the ADSL and Fibre boards (not read them all) a lot of which are specific to ADSL or Fibre, but some are applicable to both, so have a good look around.
Pk9
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

On the 2704n router input your IP address from any internet connected computer inthe format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7547 or 192.168.1.254:7547
The port number 7547 is for remote management?

The worrying thing is why port 7547 is open to the outside internet? This port is for CPE WAN Management Protocol (CWMP). I don't seem to be able to turn off remote management. Due to recent botnet attacks I had an external scan done on my network and this port was found to be open.

BullGuard's IoT Scanner says my port 7547 is open. How do I close or stealth it?

The results seem to suggest that the 2704n router provided (or at least controlled) device has been configured to have an open management port and said management port is accessible from the Internet.

My question would be: why is an plusNet allowing such a management port to be accessible to the Internet at large vs implementing filtering rules to assure that it can only be accessed from their own internal systems and network.
Pk9
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Update.  Managed to disable remote management by reverting to an old router that has the option in the firmware.