cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 21CN: Not for business?

Adam1V
Grafter

Plusnet 21CN: Not for business?

not long ago I upgraded our business account.
My echange was due to be upgraded around now for 21CN and ive been keen to join the trial, except its now over Sad
Ive just noticed that 21CN is available for residential, but doesnt appear to be listed for business, everything states up to 8mb.
Are there any plans to upgrade this for business customers too?
On a side note, I would be happy to pay an additional sum each month for 21CN.
Adam
5 REPLIES 5
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Plusnet 21CN: Not for business?

PN have only recently (in PN timescales) updated the business products so it is likely to be a while before they will change them again to support the higher speeds. Business products always lag some way behind residential.
There are also still issues with 21CN so using it for business may not be ideal just at the moment until BT Wholesale resolve the issues and make the product more robust.
mal0z
Grafter

I'd agree with Peter - from what i have seen on these forums and elsewhere ADSL2+ may not be ready for business yet.
On our business account - albeit only about 800 meters from the exchange - we get a solid 6.5M and that's fine for us.
And i've heard no tales of it being provided by PN
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
Some business customers went on ADSL2+ during the trial and we've moved a few as part of the moves to ADSL1 on 21CN in the last few months so we've got some on. We will look at where ADSL2+ fits on to the business product set, we're about to trial Annex M which will offer faster uploads which a lot of businesses will be interested in and the FTTC trial should hopefully get a few more on it now that the coverage is increasing. We've got a DLM trial ongoing at the moment which might also be another thing of interest to businesses (those interested in extra stability over speed for example) and BT are looking at trialling real time QoS and FTTP in the near future.
The business guys will be pulling all the results from the various trials together, seeing how things have gone on the residential side and seeing how the numbers and everything stacks up and I'm sure they'll come up with something of interest.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
mal0z
Grafter

Thanks for the update Dave,
I think the FTTP will be much more interesting......
Adam1V
Grafter

Sorry to drag up old posts, but has there been any updates?
The only reason I ask is that our exchange went live a while back, and as a business with alot of users, this is something we're very keen on.
BT (amongst other companies) have been trying to push the ADSL2 down our throats, but id rather stick with what I know Smiley