Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 21CN Network congestion ?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Plusnet 21CN Network congestion ?

Is it possible that Plusnet probably got a 21CN network congestion, as I am fed up all this week seeing solid speed at 14.3 Meg at between 1am and 7am then after 7am till 1am the speed was all over the place varies from 0.75Meg, 1.6Meg, 3.2Meg, 1.1Meg, 6.7Meg and never get 14.3Meg solid until after 1am. Is there any problem with 21CN network issues or is it my local exchange congestion problem ?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet 21CN Network congestion ?

which gateway are you on and does swapping gateways solve the problem
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Which gateway
You are currently connected to the gateway known as pcl-ag08.
This is located in City Lifeline House.
I had try all different gateway, still the same! Probably next door neighbour xmas tree lighting and all lighting in the garden! Really annoying!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I haven't managed to find the individual gateway figures (they may no longer be available) but looking here http://www.plus.net/support/service/network_performance/broadband_bandwidth_usage.shtml there is no indication of any problem which would affect speed tests which are gold traffic
I believe that the packet drop graphs may not be working
Also your gateway doesn't seem to have more than its fair share of users
Have you checked whether you have something running in the background which is impacting your speeds between those times
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I believe it always started with speed all over the place when next door put the xmas lighting on! It kept flashing fast in the garden. I ask them to turn them off to check my broadband issues. They refuse to turn it off. I hate xmas lighting as it always cause broadband problem!