cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Support Going Downhill

gswindale
Grafter

Re: PlusNet Support Going Downhill

I'm slightly confused here - I've had good support - the only time I had an issue with speed and quality was last Summer when Sheffield was flooded, so perfectly understandable.
We now have a user complaining about the hosting service provided by an ISP and comparing it to the service provided by a Web-hosting company.  
With regards to the 2 companies involved, whenever I've had to contact 1and1 for support, it tends to result in the service suddenly start working and an allround denial of any problems - unlike PN who admit there is an issue.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I'm a bit disappointed with a couple of the replies in this thread, which is just short of "mud-slinging" and I won't put up with it in these parts.
Any further attempts to sling the brown stuff will result in appropriate action being taken.

Forum plod.
sourceit
Grafter

And who would that be aimed at?
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Is it me?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

sourceit
Grafter

Who knows.  At least PN are taking an interest to the problems I am having with my clients accounts. Grin
Mark
Grafter

@ Source IT and kalmservices.
Thanks guys for your feedback and please accept my apologies for the difficulties you have experienced.
Ben, it was a pleasure speaking with you this afternoon. As promised, I will investigate each of the issues you have raised on each of the accounts and ensure that education takes place where necessary.
One of the benefits of these forums is feedback and we always appreciate it, good or bad. We love the good feedback and learn and improve from the bad.
June

Until yesterday I have always had good results from any ticket I have raised,  but, yesterday I raised a ticket regarding my being unable to log in to Postini, and the fact that I had to ask for a new password, which was supposed to be emailed to me, about 4 hrs later a tech said I needed to update my email address, which I did as he advised, and went back to postini and again asked for a new password, nothing, tried throught the rest of the day and evening ,nothing!!
So I went back to my ticket and added that I had done as requested but still no password recieved,, nothing!!, asked if any one was there please as I needed an answer, nothng!!! but then an email came through to say support had answerd, but it was about a broadband phone, I have never asked for Broadband phone, so again added to the ticked this information and that I was still waiting for my answersre logging in, yes you guessed nothing, zilch.
Today I again posted a message on a new ticket as my original ticket seemed to be Hijacked by the Broadband Voip Phone business, and once again I get an email to say that my Broadband phone was now activated, still no answer to my query.
Once again I added to the ticket that I did not ask for this broadband phone, but would like an answer regarding the query to do with logging in to Postini
Nothing, no one home, this is the frst time, I have had such bad communication, but being ignored on what should be a simple help query is not going to get me voting for plusnet in the next round as I have always done in the past, I just hope this is one hiccup on PN's part and that I will get an answer from some one some where soon
June
sourceit
Grafter

Hi
Has your ticket been actually answered by a human at PlusNet or is it going thru on the automated systems?
To be honest, from what I can make out in your message, you have been too reliant on the ticket system.  Tickets are only any good if someone reads them and it looks like they're not being read.  See if you can contact PN on the phone and hope that you get someone good.  If you get someone who has to keep going to speak to someone else, ask to speak to that someone else or you'll be on the phone for ages.
Residential customers:
0114 296 5198 or 0845 140 0200*

Business customers:
0114 296 5182 or 0845 002 0170*

*Calls to this number are charged at a lo-call rate.
Regards
Ben Cooper
Source IT
VileReynard
Hero

I've had to raise a couple of tickets lately (about speed).
The current procedure seems to be to send a form answer, suitable for people who suffer from computer-phobia.
(Assumes that they have Windows and that it's horribly infected with malware).
Instructions about 3 BT speed tests and have I reloaded my modem drivers (what's that all about?).
However, after pointing out that routers don't (normally) get virus's the ticket is passed on to a person with a more nous.
Could I have a flag against my account that says "not stupid" - or something a little more PC?

Mark
Grafter

Hi June.
I can only apologise for the response which you received. Clearly one of our most experienced analysts didnt read the ticket or perhaps was working on two tickets at the same time. Nevertheless the response is unacceptable and I will deal with that tomorrow.
In the meantime I have asked the CSC to pick up your ticket, the original one, this evening and address your real issue.
Would you mind closing the second ticket please, so as to avoid confusion (as if there hasnt been enough of that already Smiley ) and duplication. We cant close it but it would be great if you did.
Once again, apologies for the response.
Axis, I have flagged that auto ticket to our faults team manager to see if we can improve our response.

June

Ben thank you for the phone numbers, I shall write those down for future use if I should need them.
Mark thank you too for answering me on here, I do feel now some one is actualy there and listening, some times its all we want.
Yes I will try to close the ticket and look fwd to being able to get in to the Postini to rescue two emails I know were sent to me, plus remove the rest of the spam
June
VileReynard
Hero

Quote from: Mark
Axis, I have flagged that auto ticket to our faults team manager to see if we can improve our response.

Thanks for the response - but everything was fixed OK and I wasn't making a complaint.
Obviously auto-generated responses do have their uses for "new to broadband" users.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

Ben thank you for the phone numbers, I shall write those down for future use if I should need them.

If you look at the bottom of the members centre page you will find the number there.  I dont know why but they are different numbers for F9, PN and free-online
OldCrone
Grafter

I have been with PN for 5 years and occasionally had a problem - this has always been sorted out. Recently when it was my fault I had a problem PN jumped in and were more than fair.
My criteria has always been for buying anything has always been price AND Customer Service.
I test out both first.
It is refreshing that PN staff look at the forum as well as say when there is a problem. Believe me there are many big organisations out there that cover up and shut up.
I very rarely recommend anything, but PN as an ISP has my vote because of their Customer Service and Price.
extant
Dabbler

I appreciate the way PN take the time to exaplain stuff on the forum.
However I have found the service to be poor. For example, when I moved house late last year, my connection did not work. It turned out to be BT wholesale's fault for "not jumpering at the exchange". PN kept telling me that it was my fault and that my phone had been cut off (the phone at my previous address had been cut off). It took a long time and many circles to get it fixed. Mortals are not allowed to speak to BT wholesale and PN were not willing to investigate or fight my corner.
It was eventually resolved when I was forced to take a day off work to sit at home waiting for a BT engineer, who turned up and said, yep it s not working. and then went to the exchange to fix it.
I would change ISP if I knew of a better one.